Video makers 'post here'

mty10@

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeah sure thing hux;)

Might take a while though, interwebz is running at 9kbps :eek:
yeah, mine did that for the last two weeks... 54kbps FTW!

a question tho, I thought that MSRP was mountain states retail price - as in american? what price it that in Australian?

Maurice.

Banned
yeah, mine did that for the last two weeks... 54kbps FTW!

a question tho, I thought that MSRP was mountain states retail price - as in american? what price it that in Australian?
They are in Amercan Prices as stated. It really depends how the exchange is, apperently its pretty good, last time i checked $2000 US = $2300 AUS

Nick53

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hey guys,
What better way to bring this thread back to the top than listening to another one of my problems. Same one as mentioned a few pages back. Basically my audio is getting more and more out of sync the longer the sequence goes for. It's fine at the start then gets progressively worse and worse. At the end of a 5 minute clips its about 1-1.5seconds off.

Shooting on a Canon HV40 (PAL) in standard HDV (50i). Editing in CS4. Look a few pages back if you would like specific info.

Anyway it's really frustrating me and I have no idea as to what I'm doing wrong after hours of research on the net. Here's some (10) printscreen shots of every step I am doing from starting a new project to the end of the capturing. Hopefully someone can pick up on my mistake.

Thanks for your help, appreciated.

P.S: If the pictures are too small tell me and ill see if I can get some bigger copies...

Last edited:

Xplor

Likes Dirt
Hey guys, what's your opinion on the Canon Ixus 100 IS. Its a nice and small compact 12mp with 720p HD video recording. Its nice and cheap at around $330ish. Do you know any pros + cons about the camera? And or is there another camera in that price range that is better.

mty10@

Likes Bikes and Dirt
A quick question,

how do you compress your movie files for upload without ruining them? what program do you use?

Downhill Domination

Captyvate Media
A quick question,

how do you compress your movie files for upload without ruining them? what program do you use?
If you have Adobe Editing Software you should be able to use Media Encoder, I have it on Premier Pro CS3.
What I do is:

Do all my editing on my new Premier Elements, as the effects and what not are much better compared to CS3.
I then export as a raw AVI file, then use CS3 with Media Encoder to export in HD H.624 codec.

Nick53

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well guys I know you haven't been getting any sleep at night for some time now due to my audio problems but rest assured I've finally figured out why. Just thought I'd post incase anyone else has similar problems.

Basically what was going wrong is that when I reviewed a shot I wasn't using the end search function that my camera has to get to the end of the last scene so there is blank tape in between and this causes the audio to unsync. So what I have to do now on the footage where I have done this is just click the "abort on dropped frames" button. I will end up with a lot of clips insted of just one sequence but in future I will shoot with a continuous timecode.

I haven't tested it with new footage yet but for the time being PROBLEM SOLVED!!!

Sleep well...