Vivid 4.1 Sag HELP!!!

Faeros

Likes Bikes
Hi guys, just setting up my new dh rig and im running into a slight problem. For the life of me I am unable to get the sag to around 30% or 2.1cm. The coil is (according to sites and lbs) the correct weight for me. I weigh around 90kg and its 300lbs spring. 2.75" stroke. I have tried winding the preload all the way clockwise which should (in theory) reduce sag but if i wind it all the way out so it has no preload I get the exact same sage of around 3cm. The shock only has rebound and damper adjust with the standard coil preload. They seem to be set correct as I only bounce once riding off a curb but the sag is immense. I set the damper higher than I would with correct sag so that incase I cant get it fixed cause I have no money for the bike atm that itll just be a little stiffer once it reaches bottoming out territory. Any ideas?

MARKL

Eats Squid
I agree 300 pounds sounds a little light for a 90kg rider - especially if that doesn't include helmet, armour etc. Out of interest what sort of bike is it? I would have thought 350-400

I have attached a link to a spring rate calculator that might help - http://service.foxracingshox.com/consumers/Content/mtbspringratecalculator.htm

The other thing to remember is also there can be a fair degree of tolerance between what is written on the side of the spring and what the weight actually is...

evObda2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The online guides are precisely that.. Just guides.
To get your desired sag and ride characteristics the only real way is to try with different strength springs.

In short.. You need to go up a spring. Best thing go to a decent shop with a few springs, bring your bike and try them out, then buy it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk