AM Vodka Prime and Soda

dirtdad

Wants to be special but is too shy
My name a Borat. I like you, I like sexy prime!!

Frame - Banshee Prime v3 large
Rear shock - Fox dpx2 (or XFusion H3C coil)
Front shock/fork - Manitou mezzer pro (150mm)
Handlebars - Spank oozy 35
Stem - Spank split 35mm
Headset - Stock
Grips - Renthal push on
Saddle - Selle italia
Seatpost - OneUp V2 180mm (lowered)
Front brake - Formula Cura 4 (gold bling)
Rear brake - Formula Cura 4 (gold bling)
Rotors - TRP-33 203mm
Cranks - Shimano SLX
Chainguide - n/a
Chain - Shimano XT
Pedals - DMR v11 black
Front derailleur - lol
Rear derailleur - Shimano XT
Front shifter - ...
Rear shifter - Shimano XT
Cassette - Shimano SLX 12sp
Front hub - DT 240 EXP
Rear hub - DT 240 EXP
Front rim - Stans Arch
Rear rim - Stans Arch
Spokes - Sapim Race 2.0/1.8
Nipples - brass ones
Tyres - Hutchinson RLAB Griffus 2.4 (now Goodyear Newton ST 2.4)
Tubes - invisible
Total weight - 15.5kg

Last edited:

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
Beautiful looking bike.

Is it just me or is that linkage design really becoming dominant these days? I've owned 4 full sussers over the years - Kona Stinky, Foes Fly, Trek Remedy, Pyga Hyrax - and all but one of them have used the four bar linkage and I see so many of the new bikes these days using some version of it.

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Beautiful looking bike.

Is it just me or is that linkage design really becoming dominant these days? I've owned 4 full sussers over the years - Kona Stinky, Foes Fly, Trek Remedy, Pyga Hyrax - and all but one of them have used the four bar linkage and I see so many of the new bikes these days using some version of it.
It’s not a 4 bar setup, more like VPP or Maestro. 4 bar has a pivot on the chainstay.

johnny

I'll tells ya!
Staff member
It’s not a 4 bar setup, more like VPP or Maestro. 4 bar has a pivot on the chainstay.
Ah, I see - can't see the linkage between the chainstay and the bottom of the frame, but now that you say it I can tell that it's there.

blacksp20

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ah, I see - can't see the linkage between the chainstay and the bottom of the frame, but now that you say it I can tell that it's there.
Yes the way the dropouts attach to the chainstay also look like a pivot until you zoom in.

dirtdad

Very nice! Looks great. Will be interesting to see how the Arches hold up.
I'm also wondering. They are pretty and light. But reports indicate they may dent easy.
Luckily the Flow Mk3 rims have the exact same ERD. So could potentially get away with a straight swap if need be.

Asininedrivel

caviar connoisseur
Beautiful looking bike.

Yeah I think 4 bar designs have been much more prevalent since Specialized's patent expired on Horst link in 2016 or something.
Wait...what?
I thought that VPP was 4 bar too?
VPP is more twin link - I think (two counter rotating links).

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Yeah I think 4 bar designs have been much more prevalent since Specialized's patent expired on Horst link in 2016 or something.
Yep, it's when a bunch of the linkage-driven SP designs swapped the pivot from the seat stay to the chainstay (e.g. Transition).

dirtdad

Some linkage detail shots. Banshee calls it the KS2.

FWIW, all seemed pretty straight and didn't need much persuading to go together. Some of the connections were tight, but didn't seem out of alignment, and it all moved freely when the shock was out.

dirtdad

Just as a general driveway ride comment (haven't ridden in anger yet), I'm finding it a bit short. Sitting right on the rear (overhanging a bit) of my saddle, except for when at full seatpost extension.

Maybe this is just coming from a looong reach bike. Or maybe my stem (35mm) is too short for my desired reach (6ft tall). Any thoughts?

leitch

Feelin' a bit rrranty
Sitting right on the rear (overhanging a bit) of my saddle, except for when at full seatpost extension.
What do you mean by this? Cockpit gets shorter as seat gets lower, when would you be riding it around with the seat not fully extended (other than when standing up)?