Volunteers for Toowoomba Sunshine Series race

jock

Likes Dirt
Hey everyone

Well it's that time of year again when the sunshine series is in full swing. With a round in Toowoomba on the 25th of July, we need to start rallying some volunteers to help run the race. If anyone has parents or friends willing to help out with the following tasks it would be most appreciated!

Canteen
-This will involve work in the canteen, preparing burgers etc. and selling drinks
-Will need the majority of volunteers from mid morning until around 2 in the afternoon
-around 4 people

Transport driving (3 x 3T, 1 x 6T, 2 x 9T)
-Driving trucks for the day; 3 Tonne trucks require normal car license and while bigger ones require open medium rigid
-from 8am until last riders go up (around 2pm)

Car parking
-You will be directing cars in the far parking paddock
-Will only be needed until mid morning
- 1 person

Transport Coordination (possibly not needed but if someone's keen then that would be great)
-Needed to be at the bottom to help loading bikes on and to coordinate trucks and buses
-Ideally you will be there from 8 until the last riders have gone up for there race runs (around 2), however if you can't be out there inside these hours than some arrangements could be made to maybe share this role
- 1 or 2 people

Timing (haven't finalised if we actually need someone yet)
-Would involve operating timing gear at the top and bottom; you will be shown how to operate equipment but it's not too hard
- 2 to 3 people

General tasks
-You may not need to do something but would be on call for anything that needed helping
-as many people as possible

I think this was everything, if anyone else has some additions let me know.

Thanks, Jock

Last edited by a moderator:

joy boy

Likes Dirt
I'm sure Dad would be able to help, but just let me double check on that one. And I'll be busy riding, Sorry guys.

SCHOEY

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Will have to check work rosters, but more than likely will be able to help. I've got a HR licence, so can drive a truck or any other job that needs filling.

Derrelict Rider

Likes Bikes
timing

i can help out with the timing, just pm me with details and i'll be there

actually i don't mind what i do, i'll help out either way

Last edited:

keepin it real

Likes Dirt
Yeah i'll take rego and that stuff again, same as 4x race. Dad should be able to help out somewhere hopefully (i'll have to check) and i'll rope my g.f in to help me with rego/canteen (hopefully lol)

Cheers guys

Harry14

Likes Dirt
yeah mums fair keen to do some thing, she has her med ridgid license and says she would drive a truck or something.
Cheers Harry

flamshmizer

Likes Dirt
My mum (Russ's mum) and Kentons dad are in to help. Mum is willing to do whatever to make things easier (has no special liscences) and Kentons dad has every liscence under the sun so he can drive a truck.

Bernard

Likes Bikes
I can help where ever. I have my opens. If you don't contact me Jock I will be there to check it out. I will let you know when I'm there on the day.

boltz

Likes Dirt
I'm going to Vanuatu on Sat. morn., but may be able to help with setting up on Friday. Let me know if help is needed.