voodoo canzo

m_g

Likes Dirt
Hi all,

Does anyone have any experience with this bike?

http://www.voodoocycles.net/canzo29.htm

Being unable to test ride first, I'm interested in how the geometry might compare with other 29ers and any poential problems more experienced 29er enthusiasts might forsee...

The reviews on MTBR seem very favourable...Am thinking about picking one up over in the US (<$1000 AUD) and building it up...

I know it supposed to be a 'budget' full suss 29er (which suits this Giant Trance owner just fine!)

Thanks alot

mg

MountGower

Likes Dirt
G'day m_g,

When I bought my Big Mama, the Canzo was my next choice. I did a lot of research before buying and the Canzo owners all semed very happy with the value for money and further to that, they seemed happy without qualification. So at the price it seemed a great buy.

There is a Canzophile on mtbr called Slocus (spelling?). He has had the green frame, which he cracked and the new black frame as it's replacement. He said the geometry had changed, but I can't remember exactly how. Perhaps you could search for his posts.

I phoned the Aus distributor and they had the old green frames and didn't seem to know much about bikes. Perhaps I am wrong about that. They quoted me AU$1250 delivered to Brisbane from Melbourne.

From what I can tell from my own research, it is a steep, quick steering XC machine and people seem happy with it. Big Mama is very cheap from some vendors at the moment aswell. Postage seems to have gone out of control over there recently though.

Good luck deciding. After riding one, I can't speak highly enough about FS 29ers.

novomongoose

Likes Bikes
this source???

G'day m_g,

When I bought my Big Mama, the Canzo was my next choice. I did a lot of research before buying and the Canzo owners all semed very happy with the value for money and further to that, they seemed happy without qualification. So at the price it seemed a great buy.

There is a Canzophile on mtbr called Slocus (spelling?). He has had the green frame, which he cracked and the new black frame as it's replacement. He said the geometry had changed, but I can't remember exactly how. Perhaps you could search for his posts.

I phoned the Aus distributor and they had the old green frames and didn't seem to know much about bikes. Perhaps I am wrong about that. They quoted me AU$1250 delivered to Brisbane from Melbourne.

From what I can tell from my own research, it is a steep, quick steering XC machine and people seem happy with it. Big Mama is very cheap from some vendors at the moment aswell. Postage seems to have gone out of control over there recently though.

Good luck deciding. After riding one, I can't speak highly enough about FS 29ers.

These guys seem to have Canzos also - is green one though - different price though?!?

http://www.velogear.com.au/products/Canzo_29er_Dual_Suspension-900-205.html

galumay

Likes Bikes
WOW, thats a wild price for the Voodoo Dambala on the same site, thats an awesome frame for $600. I nearly paid $400 for second hand one (un-used), previous model (08), on Feebay!