Vorsprung corset

Richard Devey

Likes Bikes
Hey,
Does anyone in Australia stock the corsets or do I need to buy direct from Canadia?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Z

Zaf

Hey,
Does anyone in Australia stock the corsets or do I need to buy direct from Canadia?

Avoid it!!
You're better off getting the Fox EVOL can for the shock. The Corset as an air can replacement alone (without a damper tune to match the new ease in which is blows through travel) was detrimental to performance of the shocks I've used it on personally, and seen others install it on. You lose all mid to end travel support in favour of small bump compliance. If you get one, service the shock at the same time and get a higher compression tune.

But then you're talking big bucks, at which point, just get the EVOL.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Avoid it!!
You're better off getting the Fox EVOL can for the shock. The Corset as an air can replacement alone (without a damper tune to match the new ease in which is blows through travel) was detrimental to performance of the shocks I've used it on personally, and seen others install it on. You lose all mid to end travel support in favour of small bump compliance. If you get one, service the shock at the same time and get a higher compression tune.

But then you're talking big bucks, at which point, just get the EVOL.
That's one opinion.

I put put one on a CTD and the result was nothing short of sensational.

Send a message to Vorsprung and they'll tell you if anyone is selling them here.

JTmofo

XC Enthusiast
I think it really depends on your suspension curve. Either extra volume can does make the shock progress through the travel easier, and that will have a potentially unwanted effect on a naturally linear and certainly an unwanted effect on a regressive linkage.

You will feel like you lose some mid/low end support, but sometimes that suits people.

Saying that, there's nothing like the feeling of a custom tuned shock!

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Z

Zaf

I think it really depends on your suspension curve. Either extra volume can does make the shock progress through the travel easier, and that will have a potentially unwanted effect on a naturally linear and certainly an unwanted effect on a regressive linkage.

You will feel like you lose some mid/low end support, but sometimes that suits people.

Saying that, there's nothing like the feeling of a custom tuned shock!
Just to clarify, I tried it on a Float X with a Yeti SB66c, and a friend had it on a Specialized Camber.

The Yeti and the extra large negative spring didn't mesh, the addition of air beyond 210PSI had no effect on the sag point, which was sitting around the 30% mark, far too low for the switch link to work properly for the way the bike pedalled. Extra pressure affected the bottom out point alone, I inflated up to 300PSI at one point just to see if it would change, but could not achieve less than 30% sag thanks to the breakaway of the massive negative spring, it would still leave travel in reserve, but it would "bottom" harshly even if it didn't use all the stroke.
The Camber, probably more understandable, Specialized run high leverage rates on their frames, so the same issue with it blowing through travel. However the same issue wasn't noted with the EVOL upgrade after the shock was serviced, hence the recommendation.

Might help add some context to my comments.

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
Mine was on a Rune, CTD was Rune tuned. All I did was remove the 0.4 volume spacer and screw on the can. It transformed the shock.

Richard Devey

Likes Bikes
I had a evolution shock that I put the evol can on which transformed it greatly, I have since bought a boost valve kashima shock thinking I could use the evol can but the boost valve is larger so the evol won't fit