VSS DH #2 Barjarg 2008. Dial up death...

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Just a few from Barjarg this weekend.
Set 1 uploaded here
Set 2 uploaded here

...a few favorites.....

A weekend full of carnage , to all the injured , I wish a speedy recovery.

Cheers

Last edited:

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Having trouble with focus my ass haha!
Sadly its true. About 60% of all the pics are in focus. I've gotta get my shit sorted ! :eek:

Yeah Jake , the Pug shot is the standout of the weekend. Bummer I didn't keep clicking and get the looseness of the moments after that shot !

fuzz

Likes Dirt
yea there sick photos! this round was awesome! good weather, people & a shit load of riders this year! oh and last nights shenanigans doing the All Blacks huck, was a pissa! :D

howsey

Likes Dirt
great pics cant wait to see the rest tho. it was an awsome as weekend and will race their again. cheers

BJ4D

Likes Dirt
Hey!! there i am, so happy i could make it into your favourites (#253)
Awesome shots mate, i know im stoked someone got a photo of me that good :D

notso

Likes Dirt
Nice photo of me being attended to by the ambo's.

I'm ok. Bruised, kidney, ribs, lung and a busted AC joint in my shoulder. Pretty painful.
Thanks to all who helped stretcher me down and kept me company till the ambulance arrived.

Ben

spinner

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Nice photo's mate.
Cant wait to see the rest..

Sorry bout our Horn and Yelling in the rock garden !! :rolleyes:
Haha , that was you then ! No dramas here , great to have superfans on course. Good on yez :)

Realy nice pictures there mate. And just out of curiosity what camera are you using?
Nikon D90 with 18-105 lens and SB600 Speedlight. Thanks :)

Yeah Spinner!
Some good shots =D
Heard someone took out your flash also??

Awesome track =]
Man that flash got a flogging. Roled down the hill a dozen times , got covered in dust all weekend.......still works but. :)

Superb shots Tony.....as usual.:D
Thanks Hux ! Disappointed you didn't get out there , but I totally understand why you didn't . Injuries suck !

Hey!! there i am, so happy i could make it into your favourites (#253)
Awesome shots mate, i know im stoked someone got a photo of me that good :D
How cool is that. :) Bonus for you , you didn't have to wait long.

I'm ok. Bruised, kidney, ribs, lung and a busted AC joint in my shoulder. Pretty painful.
Thanks to all who helped stretcher me down and kept me company till the ambulance arrived.

Ben
Were you the guy that hit the tree just after the 2 jumps below Coffin Rock ?
I tried to make the ambo shot discreet , I didn't want to look like a vulture taking pics of smashed up riders , but at the same time considering the amount of trips those guys made out to the track and how many riders had serious injuries , I thought it was a major element of the weekend so a pic was required , if you know what I mean. Hope you get well soon , must have been one hell of an afternoon for you mate.

Thanks everyone else for your comments. I'm really happy with the new camera and most of the shots from the weekend. :)

-------------------
Progress report : 500 pics converted , 200 resized. Zero uploaded.

A few more teasers:

Wisey

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Amazing shots as usual Tony, some of the most detailed pics I have seen in a while. As good as it gets!

I just hope you got a crisp one of me...

Originally Posted by loose unit

Ben
Glad to hear you're OK mate, my buddy unwrapped you from that tree you decided to slam into, didn't sound or seem to nice at the time and you turned pretty pale, we new something wasn't right.

Oh yeh and congtrats to that pinner S. Mathews, the man is flying at the moment. Awesome result S.

Last edited:

S.

ex offender

Ben
Glad you're more or less ok mate, all the first aiders at the tent (and myself) thought you'd punctured a lung and/or worse!

Amazing shots as usual Tony, some of the most detailed pics I have seen in a while. As good as it gets!

Oh yeh and congtrats to that pinner S. Mathews, the man is flying at the moment. Awesome result S.
haha cheers mate... dunno where the hell that came from, musta been the "GO AND FIX YOUR FORKS AND RACE YOU F**KING PUSSY" motivational speech I got 5 mins before getting on the shuttle :)

And yeah top shots Tony! Thanks for the one of me too. Pity you couldn't ride though!

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
Great photos Tony! Great colour & everything, the riders are really frozen, they have come up really well. Bet you're itching to get back on the bike after seeing all that racing action!

Will hopefully catchya at the race this weekend mate. I will be spectating because I'm lazy & unorganized, but will be taking some video hopefully.