Wagga Downhill scene

aloo95

Likes Bikes
So I'm new to wagga.

I'm keen to get back into downhill and I've seen a few nice bike around the area but so far all that I've seen of wagga is that its pretty flat and I can't think of anywhere that there could be any tracks ?

Does anybody know of any areas or is anybody keen to ride ?

MelbRod

Likes Dirt
Sorry, I can't help with specifics, but I grew up there 35 years ago. We always used to ride our bikes all over Willan's Hill, out the back of the Botanic gardens. I used to think it was a huge hill, but then, we moved there from Finley, where the highest hill in town was the railway embankment!

You could also check out if there is anything at The Rock, and Tumut is pretty close too.

Keep us updated, as my folks still live there, and I wouldn't mind taking the bike up, esp if there is some decent XC up there.

So I'm new to wagga.

I'm keen to get back into downhill and I've seen a few nice bike around the area but so far all that I've seen of wagga is that its pretty flat and I can't think of anywhere that there could be any tracks ?

Does anybody know of any areas or is anybody keen to ride ?

wilddemon

Likes Dirt
Moved away 22 years ago. Don't know of dh but yeah I'd guess Willans hill behind bot gardens, what else could there be?
There's some xc at pomigalana. Check out Wagga mtb website. There's a 6 hour coming up around August which is a well organised and inexpensive event. Good intro to the trails. I'll try to make it this year... The Wagga mtb site has other trails in the area, and you can ride wiradjuri track for something different. I did it at about 12 years old on the bmx.

spurr

Likes Bikes
Majority of the local terrain and trails are definitely more XC orientated, but there are some downhill tracks up at Willans Hill. Check the maps at http://www.mtbwagga.asn.au/?page_id=75 for a bit of an idea, but you'll probably do just as well by heading up the top and following your nose.