Wake Skaters? Calling all wake Skaters!

Kasplat

Likes Dirt
OK guys just got my first wake skate, no to get up it it's preety much the same as a wake board right? and any tips etc that you have psot them up as well

Cheers Luke

Alec McJo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Try cavemans to start them, so much fun.

You hold the board in one hand, rope in other, stand on dry land and run in and jump on the board. When I used to wakeskate at cable I found that the funnest thing to do in wakeskating.

And fingerflips, just do a caveman but make the board do a kickflip before you land on it.

davo taft

Likes Dirt
hey man
yeww wakeskates rule, are you behind a boat or at cable
if your behind a boat just put the board where you would normally have it for a wakeboard start, you mite have to position it with your hands and hold it until the rope gets tight. when the rope is tight let go of the board and its exactly the same as a normal wakeboard from their.

you can also try lying down on your back in the water with the skate floating while you rest your heels on the the board and when the rope starts tightening you push your board into the water with your feet and let the boat pull you up.

if your at a cable park just do a normal sit start, nothing different or a caveman when you get better.

have fun with it and good luck
davo

Kasplat

Likes Dirt
Yeah thanks guys I'll be behind a boat and maybe at a cable once in a while... i can shred on the knee board so i wanted somehting new!!!

Alec McJo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yeah thanks guys I'll be behind a boat and maybe at a cable once in a while... i can shred on the knee board so i wanted somehting new!!!
What kind of Skate did you get?

Oh and can you wakeboard... or do you just kneeboard?

Kasplat

Likes Dirt
What kind of Skate did you get?

Oh and can you wakeboard... or do you just kneeboard?
I justa got a cheapy CWB Base, no i've only every wakeboarded once, i got up no worry, my old man reckons i need ski better before i can buy a wakeboard:mad: ! so i just bougth a sakte instead! The knee board i ahve is a Jobe launch, it's fibre glass not blown plastic and is a pro board!

Alec McJo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I justa got a cheapy CWB Base, no i've only every wakeboarded once, i got up no worry, my old man reckons i need ski better before i can buy a wakeboard:mad: ! so i just bougth a sakte instead! The knee board i ahve is a Jobe launch, it's fibre glass not blown plastic and is a pro board!
Oh so not a regular wakeboarder... beter not go straight into the cavemen then, I dunno how you get up behind a boat but I dont imagine it bieng to hard. Wakeskates are slippery at first, real slippery ;)

Once you've gotten into it, you should start trying the simple shove-it majobs. Just go along, turn your board to butterslide (turn it 90 degrees, as if you are on ski's so your toes are facing forward) and then flick the board another 90 degrees in the same direction you turned into butterslide in, and turn your feet back the other way and land back on the board.

Good fun :D

Kasplat

Likes Dirt
No not a regular...but i know what slippery is, that knee board i have will not carve and get the big wall or water, and it has these little dimples in it to reduced friction etc, and i learnt to knee board on that it was a C@&T to learn on! but yeah i'm jsut gunna have some fun on that board so yeah.

I don't wake board casue my old man won't let me and our boat don't put out enough wake...to flat, it's a 21fy 350chev jet boat!

Attachments

Doggy

Inconceivable!
Ive been thinking about wakeskating for some different to wakeboarding once in a while. What sorta prices am I looking at for a board?

Alec McJo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ive been thinking about wakeskating for some different to wakeboarding once in a while. What sorta prices am I looking at for a board?
http://www.liquidforce.com/skates_control.htm

Pretty sure thats the board my mate has and it's ssoo sick, about $400 I think. They'll set you back anywhere between 3 and 500 dollers for a good wakeskate... your best bet is if you have a cable park near you, go to that during a sale when everythings nice and cheap.

Kasplat

Likes Dirt
Yeah from what i found, din't just buy the base model or you will soon be forking out for a new board, buy say the mid level board and it will last you longer as you progress!

my board is now the base board but last year it was the mid range board (got a good deal on it) don't forget '07 gear is out now, go down to your local board satore and have a chat to them they should be able to hook you up!

Mr Sheen

Likes Dirt
If you are going to ride your wakeskate as your main board , spend the extra coin and get a quality concave deck. Foam grip is good when your learning because it dosnt destroy your legs as bad as grip tape. Also a helmet isnt a bad idea. Iv coped my skate to the head before. Check out http://www.wake.com.au.