wakeskates?

mitchy-b

Likes Dirt
so on monday me and my mate decided to kneeboard on the channel behind the 4 wheeler (the 4 wheeler was on the track next to the channel) so we kneeboarded all day and it was good however theres no getting away from how gay kneeboarding is.....so now its time for a wakeskate :) any tips or something i should look out for when buying a wakeskate? anyone on here wakeskate? thanks guy
mb

mitchy-b

Likes Dirt
well thats the exact reason im not gettin a wake board at least i can learn to ollie and a basic flip trick or shove it, might make a slider up aye ;)

Alec McJo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Have you ever ridden a wakeskate?

It's ddeeeefinitely not as easy as it looks... I used to be able to pull simple shit on them behind a cable but that was just things I learnt on mates wakeskates cause I was a wakeboarder. If you don't have wakeboarding experience wakeskating will be extremely hard to learn behind a 4 wheeler...

mitchy-b

Likes Dirt
yes i have wakeskated and wakeboarded, yeah wakeskating is really hard slippery as shit but behind the four wheeler is easier without wake ect

Mr Sheen

Likes Dirt
I wake skate a bit and I learnt to skate with no previous wake board experience. If your going to buy one make sure you go for a concave deck. Also i much prefer grip tape over foam. Dunlop volleys are my choice of shoe but get smaller than you would wear normally because you dont want any foot slop one your in the water.

you can buy them cheap (you could even buy mine) or you could make one their pretty easy to make my mum's year nine woodwork make them their not quite as good but it will do the trick. Also you can do spins across the water without a wake and make floating kickers.

mitchy-b

Likes Dirt
yeah im looking at a hyperlite scape, 200 bucks at my local shop, its a 9 ply deck with foam grip, i had the same idea with the volleys. im just still unsure if i want a wakeskate or a wakeboard. since i work at bcf i get 25% wakeboards but the ones we sell arnt very good lol.
and yeah there fairly simply (the ply ones anyways) and probaly not worth the price they are but what can ya do haha, yeah were tossing up weather to make a slider or kicker :)

Last edited: