Wangaratta / Beechworth XC trails

stu-2

Likes Dirt
quite possibly will be working in Wangaratta for a while and not sure where and what trails are like in these area's, i have noticed there is a 6 hr race at Beechworth next month, what sort of course is this ?

Stuart

Craig Penglase

Likes Bikes
You are in gods country, trails everywhere in a 45 min radius, Beechworth chain gang guys have rides and info of Stalkbook and Ben from Alpine Gravity would be a great place to contact when the dude gets back from riding in Europe- just a few tips

nonch

Likes Bikes
Plenty of good places around here to ride.

Beechworth MTB park has a great 10km XC loop. Flametrees is another local trail that is on flatter terrain, around 7km (but growing all the time) of fairly flowy track around the Rail Trail between Beechworth and Everton.

Just outside of Wang is the Warby Ranges - there is a decent 3.5km loop around Wenhams Camp.

Albury Wodonga has Nail Can Hill, Bright has plenty of trails and Mt Beauty MTB Park is less than an hour and a half away.

Then there are a bunch of lesser known tracks that social rides with the local MTB groups will alert you to.

Feel free to PM me if you're looking for someone to ride with.

stu-2

Likes Dirt
hello fella's, thanks for that info, might have too take you up on that offer if i come up.

Stuart

Dustin1600

Likes Bikes
Contact
Gravity sports Paul will fill you in on all the local places to ride he also runs a 12 hour race later in the year and also runs shuttles . I have been on some awsome rides with him check his website out http://www.gravitysport.com/
And that's my 2 cents worth Cheers Dustin