Want to know why your trading access application was denied?

smokeybear

Likes Bikes
I have a feeling I wrote a bit too much of a life story to get trading access, it feels like a bit of a fine line between writing a life story and not putting enough detail in to get access. Or maybe its just my limited number of posts. Hopefully I get access so I can get a new steed, in the meantime the search goes on on ebay.

I guess its better for the rules to be tight than lax.......

As long as I have a spare bike for the Scott I'm Ok.

C G

Squid
Nice idea, but dead wrong. The QWERTY keyboard was designed to slow down typists to prevent keys jamming amongst other things, and spread out the most commonly used keys.
I guess this is revisting previously covered ground (2004 apparently :eek:):
I'm with Binaural on this one as I hate bad english and there is no excuse for using text message language in email or when using a computer as it dilutes the meaning...BUT...can you imagine trying to use this keyboard.

It's one of those things that once you have learnt it one way, it's actually harder for your brain to unlearn and relearn the new way. Which is why the Yanks still use inches/feet/yards/miles etc. even though the metric system is a far superior. Respect your parents if they are baby boomers as they've had to do this;)

That said, if they changed the QWERTY keyboard there would be a lot of lost time across a lot of industries which would most likely amount to Billions of dollars worth of ineffieciencies. If you could instigate this revolution and just happen to put out the most pimping Dvorak keyboard though you'd make a mint :cool:

Allmountain

Likes Dirt
Hi guys,
I'm trying to get my trading access but I am having a bit of trouble. After I write my paragraph and I click 'Join group' it comes up with a message that say's 'This does not appear to be a public user group'. Everytime I go back and try to do it again the same message comes up so any help would be appreciated. Thanks

MTBalltheway

Likes Dirt
What's happening with the kids these days?:confused:

First, bear in mind that this person has ZERO posts. Anywhere.

PM title: can u let me join.

I'm kinda stunned here, so I don't bother replying. I get another PM several hours later...

Sometimes I wished I just lived within the confines of the XC/Road forum.:(

NOW THAT IS FUNNY!

MTBalltheway

loc81

Likes Dirt
I have a feeling I wrote a bit too much of a life story to get trading access, it feels like a bit of a fine line between writing a life story and not putting enough detail in to get access. Or maybe its just my limited number of posts. Hopefully I get access so I can get a new steed, in the meantime the search goes on on ebay.

I guess its better for the rules to be tight than lax.......

As long as I have a spare bike for the Scott I'm Ok.
Welcome to communism dude. Ever read Animal Farm?
I'm trying to sell mine at the moment and it's a real shame to not have it available on here.
When I was interested in a few frames/bikes I just PM'd the seller. I'm sure its frowned upon but a was polite and honest about what I was after and no one had the shits.
Good luck!

Spanky_Ham

Porcinus Slappius
I'm trying to sell mine at the moment and it's a real shame to not have it available on here.
When I was interested in a few frames/bikes I just PM'd the seller. I'm sure its frowned upon but a was polite and honest about what I was after and no one had the shits.
Good luck!
WHAT???? Welcome to communism? Infact.. your whole post has made spanky's swine infected head almost explode...

spanky's suggestion is to place brain in gear before releasing clutch on typing fingers....

s

p.s. Yes, read animal farm... prefer the articles in penthouse though

Binaural

Eats Squid
Good luck!
I do not think that word means what you think it means. Also, if you can't manage to navigate the tricksome paragraph or so you have to write, then you should stick to trading conch shells rather than bikes.

loc81

Likes Dirt
I do not think that word means what you think it means. Also, if you can't manage to navigate the tricksome paragraph or so you have to write, then you should stick to trading conch shells rather than bikes.
Did I spell it incorrectly? Shit, sorry man. I was just down the road when I broke into a cold sweat, shaking and thinking "How was my spelling? Did I offend anyone?"
Honestly, I rushed back home as quick as I could but it was too late..

I was referring (spelling?) to Stalinism

Last edited:
Meeeeow.....!

The girls could teach you all a thing or two about manners boys...

Go start your own spastic forum and leave the normal people to use this space to discuss the ACTUAL SUBJECT MATTER of mountain biking.

Ryan

Radministrator
Did I spell it incorrectly? Shit, sorry man. I was just down the road when I broke into a cold sweat, shaking and thinking "How was my spelling? Did I offend anyone?"

I'm glad you finally got it right. Stalinist as hell up in this piece. Recognise. :rolleyes:

Jake_6693

Likes Dirt
Yeah, I hav'nt got trading access yet.
Probably because I said my life story through one sentence...
or forgot to capitalise my "i" or something.
Oh well. I missed out on buying something but it does'nt worry me, because im not the one who needs to make money off it.
He most likely sold the part to someone who has trading access instead.

indica

Serial flasher
Yeah, I hav'nt got trading access yet.
Probably because I said my life story through one sentence...
or forgot to capitalise my "i" or something.
Oh well. I missed out on buying something but it does'nt worry me, because im not the one who needs to make money off it.
He most likely sold the part to someone who has trading access instead.
Need a tissue?

PM the seller.....

relax

Likes Bikes
If it's been about 1.5 weeks since I applied for trading access should I assume that I wasn't granted access?

If so, when would I get another chance to apply again?

Cheers!

Ryan

Radministrator
I just processed 160 applications. Sweet zombie Jesus. This means that no-one has touched them for something like a month, which explains why so many people are getting antsy. Apologies for this.

If you didn't get it; you either didn't demonstrate any understanding of the actual rules in your application or didn't have enough quality posts to your name.

Also; I believe I borked up one application that came in very recently (read; today) so if that was you, apologies, please apply again.

Binaural

Eats Squid

No need to give me a link, I actually know the definitions of the words I use.

Incidentally, if you really think that writing a paragraph in order to gain access to Rotorburn's thousands of riders is just sooooo Stalinist, then you should go read "The Gulag archipelago" or "One day in the life of Ivan Denisovich" by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn and understand what Stalinism actually involved.

loc81

Likes Dirt
(Kneeling next to bed)
Dear Lord,
I understand that it's probably easier to cure cancer, but please make the pom stop whinging.
Amen

Antsonline

Likes Dirt
...... you should go read "The Gulag archipelago" by Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn and understand what Stalinism actually involved.
Off topic but.....
+1 That is a great read. I've not gotten round to "A day in the life...." but its on the list.

One of the (very) few benefits of a degree in Russian political hstory!
:rolleyes: