wanted: BROKEN FORKS

Benj

Likes Dirt
What:130mm+ travel fork uppers (ie stanchions/crowns/steerer( 1 1/8) from a fork with broken lowers/internals)

Price range/Willing to Pay: to be negotiated

Extra Info: -I dont care if the stanchions are scratched as long as they are basically sound.
-I want to try and make a franken-fork using an existing stanchion/crown/steerer.
so if you have some 130mm+ (I need the length) forks (single or dual crown can both work) with broken lowers/internals etc that you are willing to part with, drop me a line.

Cheers
Benj

Last edited:

Benj

Likes Dirt
seriously!, there must be a ton of useless old junior T's, psylos, boxers etc lying around...

Dicky

Punter God
Your request is a whole lot more complex and specific than you seem to think...

Which fork (we'll need year model as well) did your crown/steerer/stanchion assembly come from?

NoFearNick7

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I got some 04 Manitou Sherman Sliders, i've sent them to get fixed, but if it costs too much then I won't go through with it. I'll get back to you, if I have them for sale.

Benj

Likes Dirt
Your request is a whole lot more complex and specific than you seem to think...

Which fork (we'll need year model as well) did your crown/steerer/stanchion assembly come from?
Nope, it is neither complex nor specific. For the idea I have in mind it simply doesn't matter. :They don't need to fit with any pre-existing parts.

Thanks for the help though

NoFearNick7 said:
I got some 04 Manitou Sherman Sliders, i've sent them to get fixed, but if it costs too much then I won't go through with it. I'll get back to you, if I have them for sale.
cheers, appreciate it.

Benj

Likes Dirt
where do all the old and dead forks go? do people throw them out, do they hang them on their wall or is there a suspension fork graveyard somewhere?

-still looking

NoFearNick7

Likes Bikes and Dirt
where do all the old and dead forks go? do people throw them out, do they hang them on their wall or is there a suspension fork graveyard somewhere?

-still looking
Check out your LBS, I know for a fact that mine has a room full of dead old forks. As for my Sherman Sliders, I still haven't heard back from the guy who is servicing them.

xc_machine

Likes Dirt
I've got some psylos, that are 125mm.

The stansions are i good condition, though the steerer moves in the crown.

Benj

Likes Dirt
sorry xc_machine The uppers need to be solid. thanks for the offer though.

any one else?

when I figure out where this fork graveyard is it will be amazing

Last edited:

wtp-addict

Likes Dirt
ummm i may have some 06 pikes... They arnt very screwed its just the compression side that is F%^%ed you turn the nob but nothing happens... everything else works..

I'll get back to you if i decide to get rid of them soon

Benj

Likes Dirt
clearly the strength of lowers or internals is not something to be worried about when buying a fork?
I hoard all my old and busted parts...doesn't anyone else? -they so often have a bolt or bit that comes to the rescue.

anyways, still looking

ronezwun

Likes Bikes
i have a set of vanilla 125 uppers. crown and steerer all good. been looking to get rid of for ages. have to measure the steerer though. let me know via pm