WANTED - Giant TCR Advanced SL seatpost clamp - LONG

Roid Rage

Likes Dirt
This ad is posted in the wanted section, just trying to give myself more specific exposure. Any assistance is appreciated.

• Item full name and model - Giant TCR Advanced SL seatpost clamp - LONG
  • Location - ACT
  • Item condition - Useable
  • Price and price conditions - Willing to buy or swap for my short clamp.
  • Extra Info: Apparently the TCR Advanced SL used to be supplied with both a long and short clamp, the newer version only comes with a short clamp. I am told by my Giant dealer that the longer clamp can no longer be supplied.
  • Pictures http://www2.giant-bicycles.com/EN-PA...ing/278/34071/

Brett

Likes Dirt
Hey,

I don't have a clamp for you but I was told that you can no longer get the short clamp only long clamps. I have a 2011 tcr advanced SL. I did have the a short clamp fitted but the paint started cracking around the base of the clamp. Took it back to my friendly bike shop and was told that it was an issue on the larger frames that the short clamp didn't support enough of the seat post and the paint would start cracking around the base of the clamp. Giant is aware of the issue so they now only supply frames with the longer clamp which properly supports the seat post.

Roid Rage

Likes Dirt
This is not what I wanted to hear.

The lad in the shop said I have a 4cm clamp and need a 6cm clamp instead.

I will take the bike back in for some clarification.

Capone

Likes Dirt
This is not what I wanted to hear.

The lad in the shop said I have a 4cm clamp and need a 6cm clamp instead.

I will take the bike back in for some clarification.
We can swap bikes, my post goes up and down. Only catch is your not getting the wheels

Brett

Likes Dirt
I just measured mine and it's a 6cm clamp. From what I understand Giant only supply 6cm clamps since the 4cm clamp was not supporting the seat tube correctly. You should be able to get a 6cm pretty easily. If you're struggling maybe the guys at cyc'd for bikes http://www.cycdforbikes.com.au/ in Brissy can help you? They don't give out the clamps to customers since too many people were crushing seat tubes so I'm pretty sure they'll have one lying around.

On the other hand if you need an excuse to get that Propel...

Roid Rage

Likes Dirt
I just measured mine and it's a 6cm clamp. From what I understand Giant only supply 6cm clamps since the 4cm clamp was not supporting the seat tube correctly. You should be able to get a 6cm pretty easily. If you're struggling maybe the guys at cyc'd for bikes http://www.cycdforbikes.com.au/ in Brissy can help you? They don't give out the clamps to customers since too many people were crushing seat tubes so I'm pretty sure they'll have one lying around.

On the other hand if you need an excuse to get that Propel...

Thanks, if my next attempt at the local dealer doesn't work out I will be in touch with cyc'd.

Roid Rage

Likes Dirt
Thanks, if my next attempt at the local dealer doesn't work out I will be in touch with cyc'd.

Had a positive chat with the LBS today. Turns out I have a 20mm seat clamp. Giant sells ISP seat clamp kits which include a 20mm AND 40mm seat clamp and a heap of spacers. I am told they have heaps in stock too. Downside is the cost, $200+ and that I will end up with 2 x 20mm clamps as spare.