Wanted - Shimano 12sp shifter, Shimano brake lever plastic guides, Cheap shimano brake set

CHEWY

Eats Squid
Item 1: Shimano 12 speed shifter with bar clamp

Item 2: Need the little plastic guide plates from a Shimano M7000 brake lever. Seems a waste to chuck out a working lever assembly due to this.

Item 3: Cheapo Shimano disc brake set ie MT200 discs not needed.

Price range/Willing to Pay:
Depends
Extra Info:

Labcanary

One potato, two potato, click
@CHEWY, is there another little plastic tab that fits into this bit?

@moorey, I believe the difference between XT m8000 and SLX m7000 are purely in that the former has a stroke adjust screw and the latter doesn't. Insofar as, the m7000's have a tricksie little 2 pin screw rather than a Phillips head.

@CHEWY, the plastic do-dads are side specific, so make sure you get donor parts from a left for a left or a right for a right.

Makes sense?

Labcanary

So do I, but not 100% sure.
Have you got a dead lever?

Thanks @Labcanary, its for the left hand side.
The other thing to consider is if the lever axle/pin is a different size between models. Given the pin has to match the plastic do-dads, it would be a problem if they differ.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
@CHEWY, is there another little plastic tab that fits into this bit?
Not too sure, I just stole that picture off the internets. I haven't looked at it in a long time, just jammed some zip ties in there and put it on the kids bike. but its a bit janky so would like to fix it.

Labcanary

Not too sure, I just stole that picture off the internets. I haven't looked at it in a long time, just jammed some zip ties in there and put it on the kids bike. but its a bit janky so would like to fix it.
Ahhh. I see!

Wouldn't it be nice if we could get the small parts like this without having to pilfer from other levers?

This guy waffles a bit, but it shows you how to replace the 2 pin screw so you can actually use the stroke adjust:

komdotkom

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yes, AFAIK it’s only the servo wave missing for SLX. I have a lever with busted clamp the fine Dr @beeb gave me for parts. I’ll get a pic tonight.
I can’t recall which side I have.
If you are parting out the lever can I trouble you for the return spring? Junior has lost out if his Saints and the lever just flops around

moorey

call me Mia
If you are parting out the lever can I trouble you for the return spring? Junior has lost out if his Saints and the lever just flops around
Will report back tonight if I remember. It’s in all your interests to prompt me.
Ask me about a random comment from a long gone member, and I’ll remember and find it….but @Labcanary has been waiting months now for me to drop off some knee pads I trip over every day.

PJO

in me vL comy
I wonder if someone would be able to 3D print some of these.
I have a couple of levers where these plastic guides are a little damaged from crashes.
Still use them but the lever doesn't sit exactly where it used to.
Can't seem to find them as aftermarket parts they don't seem to have a Shimano part number.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
I wonder if someone would be able to 3D print some of these.
I have a couple of levers where these plastic guides are a little damaged from crashes.
Still use them but the lever doesn't sit exactly where it used to.
Can't seem to find them as aftermarket parts they don't seem to have a Shimano part number.

Who's got a 3D printer?

Labcanary

Who's got a 3D printer?

@Plankosaurus, remember how I asked you about doing this? Pwweeeaaasseee?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Said the clamp was broken…was there something else? :oops:
Ah - that was unclear - I was teasing myself for the method of destruction, not you for parting it out.

Lever should be fine otherwise. Glad to see the bits get used. :)

moorey

call me Mia
:p
Ah - that was unclear - I was teasing myself for the method of destruction, not you for parting it out.

Lever should be fine otherwise. Glad to see the bits get used. :)
I’d never suggest you were a butcher…