Warburton this weekend?

Drjft

Squid
Going for a ride up in Warburton this weekend from Brunswick, if anyone is interested. I have a Triton and don't mind doing the driving if you kick in for fuel!

I'd be looking to leave Melbourne around 8 am to get there at 9:30 and ride for mostly a full day, back in time for dinner.

cicot

Likes Dirt
Going for a ride up in Warburton this weekend from Brunswick, if anyone is interested. I have a Triton and don't mind doing the driving if you kick in for fuel!

I'd be looking to leave Melbourne around 8 am to get there at 9:30 and ride for mostly a full day, back in time for dinner.
I'm going there tomorrow for the 1st time. Any suggestions? I heard about a trail called Mind Crushed but I d like also ride few more trails.
thanks

Drjft

Squid
Post up if any of you go over the Festivus break. I'd like to try these trails.
Social ride with Cog Bike Cafe this weekend (the 20th). 4 pm - beers and fish and chips afterwards. Otherwise I will be going a few times over the Festivus break (if I can tear myself away from my aluminium pole ;)).

Last edited:

Drjft

Squid
I'm going there tomorrow for the 1st time. Any suggestions? I heard about a trail called Mind Crushed but I d like also ride few more trails.
thanks
You really need to be shuttled to hit any of the top runs, otherwise it's an insane, gruelling ride to the top of the mountain. I hit Mindcrusher a few times on Saturday (I got there at 9 am, left at 2:30).

If you go watch out because one of the berms was broken and the lower jumps have been washed away a bit... I ended up hitting my face on one of the logs!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-8pANw7-ew

Holf

Likes Bikes
where abouts are these trails? i only know of the DH ones, where these start from? they look enduro type?

Drjft

Squid
where abouts are these trails? i only know of the DH ones, where these start from? they look enduro type?
More towards the bottom of the hill, and yeah they're definitely Enduro focused. You could hit them on a DH bike no worries, but it might be a bit slower.

cicot

Likes Dirt
You really need to be shuttled to hit any of the top runs, otherwise it's an insane, gruelling ride to the top of the mountain. I hit Mindcrusher a few times on Saturday (I got there at 9 am, left at 2:30).

If you go watch out because one of the berms was broken and the lower jumps have been washed away a bit... I ended up hitting my face on one of the logs!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J-8pANw7-ew
definitely a long ride to the top but worth it.
we first went on mindcrusher then to the top of the mountain on the new dh. we wanted to repeat mine mindcrusher but it started raining so we went back to the car.
so on which trails did they race the Vic gravity enduro this year?

Drjft

Squid
Heads up for everyone: Cog Bike Cafe is hosting a social ride event tomorrow.

4:30 pm at the cafe, ride for a couple of hours, then beers and fish and chips after. It was really cruisy last time - a bunch of older guys and nothing too crazy. I'll be on the Red and White Camber if you come along. :)

Cheers!

Drjft

Squid
Sorry for the double-post!

Just a heads up, there's another Cog Cafe social ride in Warburton on the 18th of January. Leaving at 4:30 pm sharp! They're really fun - pretty good pace, friendly people, and the tracks are amazing. Shuttled to the top, solid DH/XC riding for ~60 minutes or more.