Warranbaybe sold?

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Yeah it's just going to be an air bnb now. There'll be family oriented farm stuff with cute animals like baby lambs and goats. For the hipster crowd they are brining in shipping crates.

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
Warranbayne MTB park sold on the 6th of March by the looks of things (presuming this address is the same), anyone have any idea of what is happening in the future?

https://benalla.ljhooker.com.au/lifestyle-in-warrenbayne-vic-3670-au-asyfks#.Wu6nh3--mpo
That's the address. Sold 2 months ago, nothing on the website about it.

Looks like they're still taking bookings, maybe trying to wring out the settlement period for a few extra weekends.

Hopefully Juan will pop up and give us the oil.

teK--

Eats Squid
Juan sent an email a few months ago announcing that he'd sold it. Will that. Events until May. No other details although I was hoping the buyer would keep it running and get a bigger trailer.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
Well there you go, I had no idea, just threw his address in to see where it was located and the sale popped up in google.

Odd question, was it any good? the MTBA license requirement turned my off, to many other placed that dont require one or where you can buy a day license.

teK--

Eats Squid
Launch day was relatively a disaster but we went back a few months later and it was pretty good. There are 10 trails and one 10 bike trailer.

padams10003

Likes Dirt
Well there you go, I had no idea, just threw his address in to see where it was located and the sale popped up in google.

Odd question, was it any good? the MTBA license requirement turned my off, to many other placed that dont require one or where you can buy a day license.
Was running great after the launch day kinks were ironed out. Variety of tracks, you could generally do around 15 runs in a day, great lunch and great vibes.

It's a pity to see it go but the new owners are possibly reopening it in June. Will have to wait and see.

teK--

Eats Squid
One day they only booked 9 people so we were able to catch every shuttle (all 15). Any more than 10 booked you'd be lucky to get that many.

Part of the trouble is the steep U turn at the top where a bigger trailer might not fit up

Boom King

downloaded a pic of moorey's bruised arse
One day they only booked 9 people so we were able to catch every shuttle (all 15). Any more than 10 booked you'd be lucky to get that many.

Part of the trouble is the steep U turn at the top where a bigger trailer might not fit up
Run more shuttle vehicles....

teK--

Eats Squid
Run more shuttle vehicles....
Yep they just have to widen the road in a few places for passing. I don't think Juan ever wanted to run 2 shuttles because that meant having to maintain 2 trucks and paying a driver. But that in part probably made it a less attractive destination.

bikie

Rock Bottom
Ben drives shuttles for Maydena now. Apparently Juan is a nice bloke (which I can confirm; I let him ride my bike once at Kinglake while I drove his troopy lol)... but he lost Ben (and the plot) and most likely ran out of money at Warrenbayne.

Duane

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ben moved on. Building etc didn't really progress afterwards.
Don't think it was profitable.

kbekus

Likes Dirt
This is a real surprise, Juan seemed to be spending money like he had a few money trees planted around his property... I wondered how he was funding it but assumed he had that side sorted.

Mywifesirrational

I however am very normal. Trust me.
This is a real surprise, Juan seemed to be spending money like he had a few money trees planted around his property... I wondered how he was funding it but assumed he had that side sorted.
350 acres, maybe a discreet crop? and the mtb thing was a money laundering caper, walter white style!

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Might have shot themselves in the foot to a fair degree... None of the "promotional" (I use that word very loosely) material I saw from Warrenbayne gave even a vague clue of where the hell the place is. Now I'm no business expert by any stretch, but even I know that if people can't easily find out where a place is, they're highly unlikely to consider going there.

teK--

Eats Squid
Might have shot themselves in the foot to a fair degree... None of the "promotional" (I use that word very loosely) material I saw from Warrenbayne gave even a vague clue of where the hell the place is. Now I'm no business expert by any stretch, but even I know that if people can't easily find out where a place is, they're highly unlikely to consider going there.
Point proven: a mate recently found out about the sale, when he googled to find out where the hell the place was so he could arrange to go. The first thing he found was a real estate agency's add showing the land as being sold!