Warrandyte and surrounds

jathanas

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Big AC took me up the fireroad climb next to the powerlines on the weekend. It is a seriously hard climb on the road- to retain traction. I went onto the grass and made it. must be fun to descend and hit the water bar. it is from here on that the trail gets alittle haphazard - is this where the new trails are proposed?
Not sure JD. I think locally the best stuff would be near Whipstick and further north.

I'd imagine that the real runs on the board would be linking Warrandyte to Smiths Gully. Imagine being able to MTB from Beazley's Nursery to Smiths Gully with only minor amounts of road to traverse. That'd be EPIC!

Gossamer

Squid
From Currawong If you continue on over Renolds road their is a single trail starting near the little bridge next to the horse arena, on my first ride on a proper mountain bike i learnt how my ambition is way better than my skills here trying to ride down the steps and nearly head butted the tree on the left :lemo: their is also an extra trail that leads up towards the school (easier to find on the way back) with a nasty down hill back onto the path (nasty for someone like me with no nuts to ride down it and got off and walked)
mullum .jpg

oh and if you really get bored have a crack at the old Templestowe hill climb, its a sealed track but it hits 52% in spots
http://www.strava.com/segments/820544

Last edited: