warranty on kona/marzocchi??????????

josh_lives_here

Likes Dirt
today i bent the living hell out of a pair of drop of comps :cry: (pictures soon)they came on my 04 kona stuff that i got in in early march ........does neone no about the warranty stuff????

chrus

Likes Dirt
damnit we mustve missed that. i know that it should come through. they'll try and giving u something of the equivilant but it'll take a while.. from experience..well a mates experience with the marzocchi importers in aus

Rik

logged out
As a rough guide, I go by the following:
Bent = rider error.
Broken = hopefully a warranty case, depending on usage.

What actually bent? you might be able to get away with just a crown+stanchion unit, and there's a chance the steel DJ stanchions will be compatible with the DO, so you could possibly buy a new assembly and get a beefier fork at the same time.

fish

Likes Dirt
i got some cracks in my 2003 dj's, and at that stage i had had the forks for 1 year and 3 months.. i sent the fork to marzocchi in melbourne, which then went to italy and came back brand new forks. all i had to pay for was freight.

Dicky

Punter God
fish said:
i got some cracks in my 2003 dj's, and at that stage i had had the forks for 1 year and 3 months.. i sent the fork to marzocchi in melbourne, which then went to italy and came back brand new forks. all i had to pay for was freight.
the crack you speak of was from the front edge of the underside of the crown, just near the fender mount thread drillings, yes?

This is because 03 model crowns were machined too close to the edge, creating a weak point. Has happened to number of forks already, the response in most cases being that Marzocchi supplied and fitted a warranty replacement crown/steerer assembly.

Which now means there's a few forks out there with black 03 lowers, and black 04 crown/steerers. grrrr baby yeah! :p

worry not, 04 fork owners - a quick inspection of the area will show the amended design Marzocchi implemented to fix this.

as for Josh's fork - he somehow managed to bend the steerer inside the crown.
Easy to do you might think, just nosedive-case a jump, and hey presto, shorter wheelbase.

Only Josh has managed to bend his fork forwards instead....

i'm thinking you cased the back wheel into a transition?

Pecker, seeing you're in comms with Dale @ Groupe over this, care to comment (for the good of the would-be fork breaking public)?

lotec

Banned
Dicky said:
just nosedive-case a jump, and hey presto, shorter wheelbase.
:shock: i would hate to be watching that, i can feel the pain from here! i think you should get warranty, considering how new the fork is and hell there not supposed to bend like that are they, i had a friend that snapped the lowers clean off his exrs on last years stuff........... twice :shock: and they gave him a replacement the first time, i dont know about the second time, he got new forks anyway :D

josh_lives_here

Likes Dirt
Dicky said:
fish said:
the crack you speak of was from the front edge of the underside of the crown, just near the fender mount thread drillings, yes?

This is because 03 model crowns were machined too close to the edge, creating a weak point. Has happened to number of forks already, the response in most cases being that Marzocchi supplied and fitted a warranty replacement crown/steerer assembly.

Which now means there's a few forks out there with black 03 lowers, and black 04 crown/steerers. grrrr baby yeah! :p

worry not, 04 fork owners - a quick inspection of the area will show the amended design Marzocchi implemented to fix this.

as for Josh's fork - he somehow managed to bend the steerer inside the crown.
Easy to do you might think, just nosedive-case a jump, and hey presto, shorter wheelbase.

Only Josh has managed to bend his fork forwards instead....

i'm thinking you cased the back wheel into a transition?

Pecker, seeing you're in comms with Dale @ Groupe over this, care to comment (for the good of the would-be fork breaking public)?
i swear to god i didn't do nething bad :( ......the just bent :cry:

manny24

Likes Bikes and Dirt
dicky, or someone else who has some real experience with this, can u explain in alittle more detail where there beaking. im quite confused as to ehere, coz everyone gives a different account...

lotec

Banned
ive done that to forks befor and it could be anywhere my guess on forks liek that would be the steerer but mine bent at the stanchions, doesnt look like your are bending there though so it has to be the steerer tube, i jsut cant see how a crown would bend without breaking...