Warranty

fezi

Likes Dirt
Probably a million threads re this but couldn't find anything that answered my question.

I recently purchased a wheelset. Easton XC90 29er to be precise. There a premium carbon xc wheel set with a 12 month warranty. lasted 2 rides and busted a spoke cruising on the road. Dropped back to the supplier and told yes no worries that will be covered under warranty. That was 8 weeks ago, still getting the "we have no spares in the country" routine. Asked for a refund, cant do that have to get the refund off the importer? WTF?

Anyway question is what would be a reasonable time for a repair to be effected?

tomacropod

Likes Dirt
Probably a million threads re this but couldn't find anything that answered my question.

I recently purchased a wheelset. Easton XC90 29er to be precise. There a premium carbon xc wheel set with a 12 month warranty. lasted 2 rides and busted a spoke cruising on the road. Dropped back to the supplier and told yes no worries that will be covered under warranty. That was 8 weeks ago, still getting the "we have no spares in the country" routine. Asked for a refund, cant do that have to get the refund off the importer? WTF?

Anyway question is what would be a reasonable time for a repair to be effected?
Call the warranty department of the importer. It'll be a publicly listed number. Talk to someone there about it - you'd be surprised how much more effective a direct call from a consumer is than another phonecall from the bike shop, just an intermediary. This particular importer has been giving the "we have no spares in the country" story for small Easton parts like spokes and axle conversion kits for 2 and a half years now. It took about 6 months before I stopped believing they were en route :)

Did have some luck with standard black DT competition straight pull spokes for one of their road wheelsets, if your wheelset isn't UST it may work as well.

- Joel

MTB Wanabe

Likes Dirt
An importer should have stock of these sort of spares on hand and readily available, particularly spokes. My opinion is that they only have limited staff that can actually do the replacement/warranty claim and they are busy doing other things/on leave/whatever. Definitely try and call them direct if you can find a number and find out what the deal is.

Good luck

fezi

Likes Dirt
Call the warranty department of the importer. It'll be a publicly listed number. Talk to someone there about it - you'd be surprised how much more effective a direct call from a consumer is than another phonecall from the bike shop, just an intermediary. This particular importer has been giving the "we have no spares in the country" story for small Easton parts like spokes and axle conversion kits for 2 and a half years now. It took about 6 months before I stopped believing they were en route :)

Did have some luck with standard black DT competition straight pull spokes for one of their road wheelsets, if your wheelset isn't UST it may work as well.

- Joel
Thanks,
Unfortunately easton propriety straight pull spokes which sucks. Last time I buy anything but a normal j bend wheel, nothing but drama sourcing spares if needed.
I'll call them tomorrow but hold little hope for a resolution. Time for a refund I think.

fezi

Likes Dirt
An importer should have stock of these sort of spares on hand and readily available, particularly spokes. My opinion is that they only have limited staff that can actually do the replacement/warranty claim and they are busy doing other things/on leave/whatever. Definitely try and call them direct if you can find a number and find out what the deal is.

Good luck
I'd expect they would have had spares sorted, its not like its a cheap wheelset. In 8 weeks you think they would have had 10 minutes to change a spoke out and tension it up. Or if no spares were available in aus, postage from US/Mexico(wheelset made in Mexico) is under a week. I'm guessing I'm copping the run around.