Washing 661 Evo?

Korune

Likes Dirt
So I have 661 evo knee pads and they're starting to smell pretty bad...

As they didn't come with washing instructions I'm not sure what I can do to them... Just wanted some advice on how people clean them... Do's/Dont's?

driftking

Wheel size expert
There should be something inside the pads, or a care book that came with them.
Anyway I dont have 661 but I do have POC their, care instructions are hand washing and air drying. I usually just use either, dish washing soap or clothes washing soap.

Also it is probably best to keep the water cold and not going any higher than a warm wash. (not really sure what it will do but most gear seems to say this.)

Dobbo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I put all of my armour in the washing machine, have done for years (disclaimer....not my helmet). With the first lot I was a bit hesitant, but it never deteriorated the plastic or material in any of them. That was a few sets ago now.
I wash on cold and used to use natual soap flakes, etc, but I got sick of that and now just use whatever liquid detergent is in the laundry.

Biggest issue is getting in trouble from the wife for the clunking around in her new machine.

I put all of my armour in the washing machine, have done for years (disclaimer....not my helmet). With the first lot I was a bit hesitant, but it never deteriorated the plastic or material in any of them. That was a few sets ago now.
I wash on cold and used to use natual soap flakes, etc, but I got sick of that and now just use whatever liquid detergent is in the laundry.

Biggest issue is getting in trouble from the wife for the clunking around in her new machine.
HAHAHA, Gold! I learnt the hard way as well, except my wife caught me in the act of putting my riding gear in the washing machine!

jimbo666

Likes Dirt
I've been throwing my Evo Knees & Elbows inside the mesh bag they came in along with my gloves then they go in the machine with the rest of my riding gear on cold wash with a little detergent.
Haven't had a problem yet.

Shredden

Knows his goats
I put my D3 in the washing machine, made bad noises.

No but srsly, I normally just chuck my gloves, jersey, kneepads and shorts in the washing machine on whatever setting I can make it work on...

crampy

Likes Bikes
Get some antibacterial soap to add to the washing machine. Helps stop the smells coming back.

Also, I read an article where they recommended adding mouth wash as it contains anti bacterial properties. Never tried the mouth wash so can't confirm.

haydenw

Likes Bikes and Dirt
So I have 661 evo knee pads and they're starting to smell pretty bad...

As they didn't come with washing instructions I'm not sure what I can do to them... Just wanted some advice on how people clean them... Do's/Dont's?
I just chuck then in the laundry tub with a heap of water and some washing powder and let them sit for like a day. Moving them around every now and again. Seems to work and stops the velcro flogging out