dane:cool:

DeNirofan

Squid
umm it depends man what bike u got.

u have to take into consideration;

.will they go with your bike.
.are they in good condition if u buy them second hand
.have u used them before, like what do u prefere

but yer i would say 08 888's. dunno i just prefer them. but yer its up to also how much u got to spend :):cool:

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Want a Freeride orientated bike? -- Go (07) 888's

Want a Downhill orientated bike? -- Go (07) Boxxers

Dont even go near the (08) 888's...

ullysses

Likes Dirt
Hey firstly welcome to rotorburn! Secondly you should try the search Feature! But I have ridden 888 RCV's (if that is the model you were looking at), Boxxer Wc's and Teams. 2008 was a bad year for Marzocchi:(. Boxxers teams were 100% better than the Marzocchi's in my opinion. The 888 developed play in the lowers within 3 days at Thredbo (this also happened to the 66 RC3's that i had) they 888's were horrid and with the RC3's adjustment there was about 54 clicks on the preload and about 30 on the compression adjustment which made adjustment very long. Where as the Boxxers are super plush and very adjustable with only 6 clicks on the compression and only 4 turns on the gate(which makes adjustment extremely easy). So its up to you but in my opinion Boxxers are the go:).

norco_rider_7

Likes Dirt
i have 08 888s and i think that they are great they work really well and the adjustments are really handy. But my cousin has boxxer teams and they are also really nice. But i would go with the 08 888s

prosheep

Likes Dirt
fox 40s

nah what you need is a set of fox 40s man they are like the perfect fork, super good for freeride just like a 888 fork, but also a top race fork just like the boxxer.

zacapp

Likes Bikes and Dirt
yeah I would say go the boxxers
I have 08 888's and I dont really like them and are actually saving up for boxxers, I've ridin my mates 07 boxxer race and they feel great!!!

Jimass

Eats Squid
nah what you need is a set of fox 40s man they are like the perfect fork, super good for freeride just like a 888 fork, but also a top race fork just like the boxxer.
Not really..
40's are a good fork but the LE run of the WC's is what makes them on par with boxxers, IMPO.

Boxxer's all the way!