Waterproof pants for winter commute

Puddleduck

Likes Dirt
I'm about to trawl through CRC and have a look for waterproof pants so that I can commute to work when it's wet. :smow:

Any recommendations from the punters about some decent and durable water proof pants.......?

Cheers

sbm

Likes Bikes
I know a Honda motorcycle instructor, who is out riding in all conditions (including some absolute deluges, they don't cancel courses for weather ever apparently) all day most days a week, who swears by Mont rain paints. I could see them being too baggy for cycling though.

Binaural

Eats Squid
dhb Flashlight overshorts work very well (Wiggle sells them). I keep a pair rolled up with a rain jacket and just chuck the roll in my back if there's more than a small chance of rain during the day. If it does rain, you're more likely to be made miserable by wet feet anyway.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
dhb Flashlight overshorts work very well (Wiggle sells them). I keep a pair rolled up with a rain jacket and just chuck the roll in my back if there's more than a small chance of rain during the day. If it does rain, you're more likely to be made miserable by wet feet anyway.
Holy shit! You're alive!!!!! Great to see your name pop up in here again!

rangersac

Medically diagnosed OMS
Unless you are riding in some serious cold conditions I'd forget about full length waterproof trousers and go with some waterproof overshorts and shoe covers. Full length trousers are seriously hot and not particularly comfortable in my experience.