Watson Le tour gap pic

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Dinsy2 said:
Fuzzy said:
if the landing is where the people are he doesnt look like hes gonna come up short
what one of the 5 riders are you looking at, sparky
i wasnt talking about your photoshopping, sparky :roll:

kiwi

Likes Dirt
im saying its fake untill i see video proof.

ive read all the posts here and they all have very very good points

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
DOM there was one official photographer from Freeride, but there may have been a few casual observers get it on film.

creepyjoe

Likes Dirt
that "missing section of wheel" is just another example of jpeg compression

I'd put more effort into convincing you that I'm right, but I'm certain enough about it that I don't see the point.

Next someone will blow up the picture to 1600x it's expected viewing size and say "Look it's fake it's just a man made out of squares"

Rik

logged out
What makes me disbeleive that picture is the lack of watermarks, copyright or anything else to show it's a pro shot. And if it's a random bystander, do they have any more pics?

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If its a random bystander, id be more inclined to think they only have the one shot, more than likely taken on a less than prosumer camera with no sequence shooting capabilities.

fastrider gus

super huck
damnit! you guys always have to assume everything is a "fake" if it looks overly impressive..
jeeze, watson is an unreal rider, just accept that he is good enough to try something that pushes the sport further into the spotlight..
get out and ride.. all the radiation from your screans is affecting your brain..

creepyjoe

Likes Dirt
What makes me believe it is that although it would be possible to fake it to that degree of realism. The person would need to spend alot of time and be an professional artist with years of experience in something like cinematic matte painting to do so. Like Craig Mullins for example.

The reason I say this is because of the correct shadow perspective, shadow tinting, specular highlighting etc..

I strongly doubt anyone of that level of skill would consider wasteing their time on a simple prank, and anyone who did want to waste their time of a prank like this wouldn't have the skill to pull it off to this degree of realism. So thats my hypothesis, I'll admit I havn't thought about it in terms of why is this photo is turning up out of the blue, but Techno gave a pretty reasonable explanation and frankly it doesn't bother me as to why. Just that it is.

fastrider_ben

Likes Dirt
is it only me and gus that believe its real coz it is watson jumps ova the tour de france over the back off the pack of riders
if u look close theres people near the landing looking at him u talking about how its all pixilated around the rider thats coz its a flat blue sky.
hav a look at this pic of mike kinnrad doin that big road in kamloops which is real
see the little dots around him same as watson

watson is the best

bazza

look at me
hahahah what a hella cool arguement i am with fake. because there would of been at least some coverage of it on pinkbike or nsmb.com about it. unless this is how freeride want us to think and spread the disease through our forums. who knows. just have to hold your horses for a while and then find out the truth. the real event would of been cool too see though. pity about the case though. if he landed it i wonder if he had of got this much hype. meh who cares he is a champ for doing it. and what is with all the upstanding riders we have bloody hell have some fun and rip it up i dont really care all 'that' much what people think of me and my sport i hope we are all in it to have as much fun as possible because there certainly aint that much money in it.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
well at least when we get to see the real pics we'll finally find out if it was fake or not. thats not supposed to be till the end of august but...

Status
Not open for further replies.