Weekend Warrior on a mission..Manly Dam, Awaba, Ourimbah, Glenrock, Mt Annan, Wingell

Nick76

Squid
This is a shout out to fellow weekend warriors keen to string together regular weekend rides - when the surf is flat, on trails in each direction of Sydney from Newcastle/Central Coast in the north to Southern Highlands (ACT even) in the South, and everything in between of course..

When not chasing ocean swells I'm a regular at Manly Dam and I figure its time to venture further north/south and catch up with similar aged (30-40yrs) laid back trail riders of medium skill n fitness levels

Growing up on bikes my technical ability currently sits above my aerobic fitness which since getting back on the bike 12mths ago is starting to come back..

With daylight savings Manly Dam after work remains an option during most weeks otherwise I'm heading down to Wingello this weekend, if any of you are down that way let us know.

PM me if you're heading out in the coming weeks ..take it easy!

Just another a Anthem Rider...

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
I'm keen for the occasional weekend jaunt ... add Welby, K-Valley, wollongong ... a couple in the mountains worth looking at as well ... Rydal, Oaks is good for a dusk mission ...

I'm out for the next couple of weekends, but hopefully you can get a few regulars together so we always have something on :)

Jezza K

Likes Dirt
I'm def up for some weekend rides. I go out most weekends mostly to manly dam, loftus or lake parra but am keen to spend more time at hornsby when they finish the track. I'm am open to exploring and driving to find new tracks

I'm riding ourimbah in prep for the race on sun if youre keen?

Wollongong rider

Count me in for a weekend ride.I ride most Sundays and look to get out of Wollongong. We have the beautiful back drop but riding is pretty poor if your looking for some Km. I have a good knowledge of the Southern Highland State forest some better than others. Wingello being the pick of them for single track,Belanglo for open rocky fast fire road(I love fire road),Meryla is good to get up some fast km.

Nick76

Squid
Cheers fellas, over 430 odd views and less than 1% response rate.. Tough audience!

Heading down to the Southern Highlands this weekend and will likely give Welby a crack Saturday arvo and Wingello early Sunday AM.

PM me if you're about...

Nick76

Squid
Cheers fellas, over 430 odd views and less than 1% response rate.. Tough audience!

Heading down to the Southern Highlands this weekend and will likely give Welby a crack Saturday arvo and Wingello early Sunday AM.

PM me if you're about...

Given the crap weather have decided to postpone this weekends trip to Southern Highlands til next weekend (8th/9th) so hopefully that works those keen to Wingello and so on..?

Otherwise, weather permitting, this Sunday if there are any takers for a morning ride within an hours drive of Sydney PM me...

crank1979

Likes Bikes and Dirt
What's Wingello like? Any good on a 160mm bike with 36t single ring?
I used to find the red loop boring on a big bike. It's a bit like riding Mt Annan on a long travel bike. The other loops are firetrail, so not much fun with 160mm of travel.

The red loop is a great XC style loop, it's just better on a xc dually or hardtail.

Nick76

Squid
With the forecast looking more favourable than previous weekends I've decided to head down to the Southern Highlands this weekend with rides as follows...

Saturday afternoon, at Welby, exact time still to be confirmed but likely to set off around 4-5pm..

Early Sunday AM, at Wingello, again time to be confirmed, and looking at 1-2hr ride...

Again, all welcome..let us know

I will be going up on Saturday after doing shuttles in Wollongong in the morning. Another driver would come in handy. Then head up to the highlands for a xc/all mtb ride. Any one interested get in contact.

Nick76

Squid
Hitting M/Dam tomorrow (Tues 19/2) after work - say 6.30pm, otherwise Sunday seems to be the only day this week with little rain...considering an early morning trip to Awaba any takers let us know..cheers

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Hey Weekend Warrior. When you are thru with that Bucket list you need to add Kiwarrak @ Taree, Kentlyn @ Campbelltown and East Kowen @ Canberra.

Good riding.

Nick76

Squid
Heading down to Wingello tomorrow (Sunday 14/4)...if anyone is keen for an early morning lap or two of the Red loop PM me, should be ideal riding conditions with clear skies forecast!

danieldwashere

Likes Bikes
Hi Nick and everyone else.

I am also looking to meet up with some people for weekend rides. Im pretty much in the same catergory, intermediate level XC and all mountain and my technical skill beats my aerobic fitness.

I posted a thread like this awhile back (Title : NO MATES NO CAR) and Nerfherder was kind enough to offer me a ride to some trails, but I never got around to taking up his offer. I have a car now and a rack that can carry 4 bikes. BTW Nerf I think I met you at the Hornsby trail build workshop.

I am happy to go for the day or whole weekend. I have friends in southern highlands and canberra so can usually find a shower and floor to crash on in those areas. I dont mind camping either.

Next weeks weather is looking a bit patchy, but I will keep an eye on this thread and the BOM.

Feel free to PM me your number if you have a adventure in mind!

mtboer

Likes Dirt
Wingello

Heading down to Wingello tomorrow (Sunday 14/4)...if anyone is keen for an early morning lap or two of the Red loop PM me, should be ideal riding conditions with clear skies forecast!
Rode Wingello on Saturday in a Mountain Bike Orienteering event. Rode the Red loop plus(32kms total) 2 weeks ago in a group of 15 and it was great.
Riding there again with the group on May 12 @ 10am+.
Most are training for the Highland Fling in November.
Hope you had a great ride.

znelbok

Squid
I'm another rider in the Wollongong area keen to get out and ride. Sundays works for me as Saturday is soccer.

Not sure how you want to announce a ride and keep everyone informed. I've got a new bike so I have to get some ride time up to learn it and get ready for the three ring circus.

Mick