weird flying sparks from your lawn mower???

dhlouie101

Likes Dirt
hay guys I was lawn moving yesterday then I started lawn mowing under some pine trees were there where leaves blowing into the neighbours yard, so I started mincing these leaves when all of a sudden some small random sparks start flying out the chute at the side. I slowed it down and the sparks stopped then I turned the speed up again then kept going and it started a little bit again so i slowed it back down and finished the rest of the leaves. i was wondering what it was does anyone one???

dhlouie101

Likes Dirt
yeah might have been rocks didn't see any though, yeah all right dcrofty tell me which priests in the blue mountains area deposses lawn mowers? :D

AngoXC

Wheel size expert
With the mover turned off, turn it on its side and check that the blades are still attached and look for any damage on the underside of the chassis (if you can call it that).

*shrugs*

brindog

Likes Dirt
probably bent blade ?

There is no question that it is fucked beyond repair. Buy a John Deere ride on.
yeah and john deere are rubbish, over priced, pansy, machines. Well there ride on's thats for sure.
Well really who needs to pay an extra 5 or more grand to get a green pos with head lights

Get a cox, with the fully sic brigs & Stratton Engine, Locked diff, and absolutely go any where ability. Also you can mow at night, but it don't have head lights so water crossing are easy because you have no worry about complex electronics, just duct tape a dolphin torch to the bonnet. Simple really.

They are also heaps good for shuttling also.

Last edited:

5h1f7y

Likes Dirt
No way, don't get a ride on. Take it to a swap meet and get a cow!

They cut grass, produce fertalizer, run quietly and alot faster and their blades taste better!

dhlouie101

Likes Dirt
yeah I think I agree with dcrofty my lawn mower is possed as I check the blades nothing wrong with them I check the chassis or whatever you would call it to marks and there is no wire on it. and even though I got a big yard (nearly an acre) I don't think ill be buying a ride on I would love one but don't think ill be able to convince my mum to get one any time soon.

Breaka

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Is this the first time you've ever operated a lawn mower by any chance?

And top notch post there Charles. Had me laughing especially with the creek crossing and dolphin torch. Pretty sure the same creek used to run through my property to yours.