Welcome to the CORC area

demo man

Used to be cool.
hey all,

I'm Sam Davies, the assistant DH coordinator for Canberra Off-Road Cyclists (or CORC).

About CORC:
Canberra Off Road Cyclists formed in 1989 when mountain bikes started to become popular. The main aim of the club is to promote mountain bike racing and recreational riding in Canberra. The development of the club has been gradual and is dependant on club members to help out wherever possible.

Since the end of 1999 CORC has been affiliated with Mountain Bike Australia, a new independent association formed to serve mountain biking interests in Australia.

Up until the end of 1999 CORC was affiliated with the Australian Mountain Bike Association (AMBA) which is part of Cycling Australia (used to be called Australian Cycling Federation). Mountain Biking in Australia has recently been recognised as a formal cycling discipline since it's inclusion as a cycling event at the 1996 Olympic games held in Atlanta - USA. What this means to riders is potential access to rider development programs and representation opportunities.

the club runs some of the biggest events in Australia, like the MONT 24 hour, which has 2500 racers involved and double that number of spectators.

Scott and Farkin.net have very kindly allowed us to use this area to help get information out to you, the riders, more easily.
I plan to get the area up to date as fast as possible, and then keep it there.

the club has a great website, which is up to date and full of info on all sorts of things. check it out check both there and here regularly for updates on races of all disciplins as well as riding clinics and social rides and much more.

if you want to learn more on any of the news or information given here then go over to the 'contacts' thread in General and see who you need to contact.

if you have any suggestions for the club, or any comments on anything to do with the club, feel free to contact us.
if you have an enquiry about this area on Farkin however, please e-mail me at decibels@bigpond.net.au as i am the soul CORC rep on Farkin.net froums.

i hope that this area prooves useful to you, and that it encourages you to either visit canberra for a ride, come out to a race, or get involved in the club.

Cheers,
Sam

Last edited: