well here they are 2008 mongoose

BLAKE-2234

Likes Bikes and Dirt
introducing 2008 mongoose::

from left : black diamond single, triple, ecd, teocali elite, canaan team, elite, teocali comp, khyber super, elite

personally i like new all mountain freeride khyber perfect all round bike I also like the new black diamond triple hopefully it looks as good in the flesh as it does in drawings!

thank you to www.thecyclepeople.com there are a few more of the lower end models that i didnt put up that are on that site also spec lists for all the bikes are on that site aswell

cheers and enjoi

Attachments

Last edited:

stinkyboy69

Likes Dirt
Mongoose are sick, my mate's got an 05 dh pro and its beautiful!, too bad they have no fully made dh bike :confused::( no triples at all!

kjf

Likes Bikes and Dirt
They look pretty good. Especially the tripple.
Wonder what the prices will be like?

Mongoose are sick, my mate's got an 05 dh pro and its beautiful!, too bad they have no fully made dh bike :confused::( no triples at all!
Third picture from the left.

bigkevthumper

Likes Dirt
My mate is racing the 07 ECD over seas at the moment.
I never really liked them but after i had a ride of it i love the feel of it.
Corners sweet and holds the fast straight lines really well.
I dont like the 08 colours though

Christo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Thanks for posting, I'm a fan of the 'gooses. Riding a teocali super at the moment & loving it.

Would love a caanan too..

Hmmm, time to go sell my arse down St Kilda way...

barkdawg

Likes Dirt
the mongoose dh/freeride bikes are sweet. i rode a guys black diamond triple and even though the frame was too small (his was a small frame and im 6ft, so knees were smakin the bars) it felt really sweet. I would love to have a fair dinkum go on one.

alpinestar12

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The new khybers look pretty sweet, as does the ECD and black diamond triple. Would like a full length seat tube though.

fatass

Banned
Geez, the BDT looks like it would survive the second coming of christ!!! Looks soooo stable! My friend has an 06 and it looks like a toothpick in comparison

tmartin

Squid
my bro rides a 2006 mongoose black diamond triple with fox 40's and i reacon the bike is sick
the bike is really nice in rock gardens and over the road gaps, a good over all bike

sit_still

Likes Dirt
they look great but even if you bought one you would still be riding a 'goose
so the sticker says.

the only difference between a goose and another brand is your paying for the name.

mongooses are very good value for money and are building a good reputation with the "free drive " system.

would love to have a ride of the new khyber. looks like a very good all mountain bike/free ride bike

pinned--->

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm really keen to have a few runs on an ecdh. It would be interesting to feel how the floating bottom bracket goes. Interesting design though. Looks kinda good.

Calvin M

Likes Dirt
I'm really keen to have a few runs on an ecdh. It would be interesting to feel how the floating bottom bracket goes. Interesting design though. Looks kinda good.
The floating bb feels great the distance from rear axle to bb never changes, Doesnt pull chain and you can pedal throught a lot more rought stuff. GTs I-drive does the same thing. Cant feel any brake jack aswell which was a suprize as they are in a sence still a singel pivot. I have had 3 FSR rear ended and a Kona but the ecd is the best yet.

Sutek

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The floating bb feels great the distance from rear axle to bb never changes, Doesnt pull chain and you can pedal throught a lot more rought stuff. GTs I-drive does the same thing. Cant feel any brake jack aswell which was a suprize as they are in a sence still a singel pivot. I have had 3 FSR rear ended and a Kona but the ecd is the best yet.

Where do you think the freedrive thing comes from. Look into it.

Having been present when a Teocali was pulled down to replace suspension parts, I was quietly horrified at how flimsy some of the bits are that you don't see. This alone would prevent me owning a 'Goose.

However, the Canaan is a real sweet looking bike in the flesh. Love to ride one.