Welshy and Kids

Viv92

Eats Squid
Soooo is anything happening with you and welshy tomorrow Jared?

Should I get a DH bike if I can swap with mine... hmm...

madmanmark82

Likes Dirt
just orderd my replacement shifter and derailer, ended up geting both x-9 ended up having $204 of damage :eek: atleast theres nothing on my bike now that needs upgrading :cool: i just need to get a xc tube for my front tyre and shes done :D

madmanmark82

Likes Dirt
yeah we where talking about it last night. i have made a wood bike rack to, i will go take some snaps and post them up. We where thinking of doing some runs at the larma track OR try do some practice on a track that has similar features of one of the race tracks in sunshine serise, as i would like to at least qualify at each race. Just have to wait till i get my parts in which should be on wed if not thursday. talk more on msn ;)

stringbean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
put a few bits of wood along the top to help stop the bikes sliding around, that style can scratch them up pretty bad without something to stop them moving around.

stringbean

Likes Bikes and Dirt
not from eachothers bike, tire will end up leaving a black area unduer that part of your frame, but can be cleaned off easily enough, better alternative would be carpet, can get off cut bits fairly cheap.

binner

Hath shat hymself
search and take advantage

use the search link in here you squids and you will find some useful info on racks.....

oh here, I did it for you http://forums.farkin.net/showthread.php?t=105466

look at the 2 ute racks, so much simpler and more practical than you have constructed.
Your bikes are going to roll around without cut outs, it's way to high to throw a bike up there and that old tyre is a crack up.

Hope that helps out a bit...

ohh and good idea changing your thread name eh....;)

madmanmark82

Likes Dirt
yeah thanks, i will borrow a mates bike to setup the spacing for the stops to prevent the bikes touching. will keep and eye out for carpet to.
i havnt had any experiance with racks that go in utes so all help is much appreciated :D

my bikes light i can lift it up. other peoples bikes im not to sure but thats there problem :p

Last edited:

Viv92

Eats Squid
yeah thanks, i will borrow a mates bike to setup the spacing for the stops to prevent the bikes touching. will keep and eye out for carpet to.
i havnt had any experiance with racks that go in utes so all help is much appreciated :D

my bikes light i can lift it up. other peoples bikes im not to sure but thats there problem :p
*cough* Jared's bike.

Looks like a good rack binner. Keeping the tailgate down is a good idea.

Mark's ute gets pretty cramped the way it is. We were getting squished riding in the tray at d'bro! :p

BTW what's this race style track you are talking of in the area? Is it the 3rd tambo track we don't know about or something? Old tambo doesn't seem to be racey and the shuttle is crap... dump is the lamma track so that only leaves on option... :rolleyes:

madmanmark82

Likes Dirt
how many races have you been to viv? :p
do you no what a race track feels like :D hahaha

and yes i was implying jazzas bike when i posted that.

J

JaRedy

Mark When you told me you built a rack I did imagine something like the one binner showed. Seems to be the best option, as well as the Cliché in bike racks.

And we wont need to tie down the bikes like we always have to, too.

use the search link in here you squids and you will find some useful info on racks.....
Awww, bit harsh that.

Mark isnt a squid. We're not all crap;)

madmanmark82

Likes Dirt
i was going to make one of those racks but i havnt seen one in person, and the thought of have a few heavy bikes (not mine :p ) on a peice of ply wood turned me off. and having the tailgate down with the ply wood also turned me off that aswell. I dont see any problems with my rack, sure its a bit high but that doesnt bother me :p. the reason i made the rack was to keep the weight of the bikes off my tailgate and to protect my car a bit better.
It maybe a crap rack compared to others but its all i want and it will do the trick. I was thinking of puting the bike seperators in but didnt have the wood at the time.

binner

Hath shat hymself
+ criticism

i was going to make one of those racks but i havnt seen one in person, and the thought of have a few heavy bikes (not mine :p ) on a peice of ply wood turned me off. and having the tailgate down with the ply wood also turned me off that aswell. I dont see any problems with my rack, sure its a bit high but that doesnt bother me :p. the reason i made the rack was to keep the weight of the bikes off my tailgate and to protect my car a bit better.
It maybe a crap rack compared to others but its all i want and it will do the trick. I was thinking of puting the bike seperators in but didnt have the wood at the time.
I'm only trying to help here buddy, but ..it's actually braceboard for the bikes and marine ply on the sides. Build it right the first time and it will last forever.
The reason it is built with the tailgate down is for more room to throw gear in when 4/5 of us do weekend road trips. You don't need to have yr tailgate down. Check Krams rack, so simple and so effective.

And you WILL get tired of hauling your bike up n off that thing all day.....but that's minor in the whole scheme eh...

madmanmark82

Likes Dirt
yeah i realise your just trying to help. i am sure it is strong i just didnt want to take the chance since i havnt personly seen one and felt how stong they are. May rebuild and attemp one like that a bit later. the reason i wanted one in the first place is because some how my tailgate opened its self and dumped 3 bikes :eek:

Viv92

Eats Squid
yeah i realise your just trying to help. i am sure it is strong i just didnt want to take the chance since i havnt personly seen one and felt how stong they are. May rebuild and attemp one like that a bit later. the reason i wanted one in the first place is because some how my tailgate opened its self and dumped 3 bikes :eek:
Mark can we see your rack?

How does it work?

I think one like binner's would probably be a good idea...

madmanmark82

Likes Dirt
yeah i am going to change it to make it better, and have the tail gate down. but not for awhile because i realy cant be botherd. if i wasnt at work i would but since works started again its not going to be for a very very very very very very very long time. so for now this one will do and i will use a tie downs to keep the tail gate up and to keep the rack on the tailgate