were to get a cheap downhiller from ? states maybe

swinger

Likes Dirt
just getting in to down hill any one no were to get a cheap good downhill bike like from the states or sumthin all replies appreciated thanks will

Grip

Yeah, yeah... blah, blah.
Would you be interested in a "used" but good-condition full stop? A brand new set of capital letters and a well-thumbed dictionary?;)

stinky|dan

Likes Dirt
the USa is definately a good place to look for used DH bike. I just purchased my 03 Santa Cruz v10 for $2300 (aus) whilst on holiday over there in January. Pretty good deal considering it had Shivers, XO drive train, Race Face cranks, e-13, and other cool stuff.

scratchy

Farkin Activist
Agree about the local bike shop. Most big brands nowadays (Giant, Spesh, Norco, Kona etc.) offer some pretty good complete entry level units. If you figure how much it would cost you to build up the bike as per complete spec. you'll realize that they are exactly that, a good cheap DH bike.

frenchie

Glenorchy MTB Park
I have av10 for sale, 04 model, very good condition, perfect bearings etc. Kit includes boxxers, protapers, diabolus, thompson, e13, and race face. I'm looking for $3500 pm me for more info. I'm in tassie but will post free anywhere,
cheers,
simon

SillyBoy

Likes Dirt
If you really want to get a good deal is to buy from USA, Taiwan or even Singapore. Bikes in LBS here cost at least 75%-100% more!!!!! I personally have brought in 4 bikes in the last 12 months. 2 for me, one for wife and one for friend.

If you travel to these countries, buy your bikes there. And make sure you have enough check-in luggage allowance. Bike in box is about 20-25kg, depending on bike....