What’s your favourite circuit at Stromlo?

Crunch

Squid
What's your favourite combination of trails at Stromlo? Do you have a regular standard run that you do each time?

I just want to see what everyone else is riding out there, as I always seem to ride the same circuit and love it more every time I do. It's basically as follows:

fenceline
cockatoo switchbacks
blue gums
bobbypin climbs
up to summit
magpie rock
mountain view
wild dingo
breakout
back to car park

Ends up being about 14kms and I usually finish it in about 55min-1hr, not really going too hard.

What's yours loop?

Lanky Love

Likes Dirt
i dont know the names of the tracks, but pretty much the nationals circuit with that flowing track near slick rock added in.

Corty

Likes Dirt
The start follows pretty much the '07 Nationals course and then gets fun!:
- Fenceline
- firetrail left-right left
- Blackberry Climb
- Slant 6
- Double Bluff
- Blue Sky Climb
- Echinda Gap
- Western Wedgetail (top section)
- Slick Rock
- Mountain View
- Wild dingo through to Wombat Junction
- Double Bluff (again)
- Little Seymour
- Joey's Return and then home via Old Duffy Descent.

If you're riding a bike with decent travel you could also do the Blood Rock loop from Slick Rock if you're keen.:D I've personally only seen the rock "roll down" section ridden once - and no not by me!

EzyLee

Likes Dirt
Haha, dick and balls... classic.

I was working on the trail map ages ago and looked at the crit track and it clicked... holy crap, its shaped like a cock and nads!

I don't know the track names either (I personally think there are too many track names for any one section...) As far as my fav loop is... it is always changing with all the new trails that have opened of late. After helping out on the CORC track building day for the beginners downhill, I am really enjoying chucking my seat down and riding that. Whatever loop I decide to do, I am always heading up the side closest to the tarmac road to the observatory (Dazzas Bend, Ricky's Bend, Thorny Trails, Big bend, Pit of despair, Sheedy Creek....)

Breakout and Mountain View are also favs of mine. Fast and flowing.