what age did you start?

Toxicity

one of those boys your mother warned you about
started light DH on a giant hybrid lol at age 12, then 4 years off and on of Hardtail on a torrent, now 4 months on a Norco Six

Ryan H

Likes Dirt
Started mountain biking bout a year a go and did it for bout 2 months on my bros full rigid Malvern Star.
Have started downhill 2-3 weeks ago and im quite slow and shit.

mad greek

Likes Dirt
I think I was 14 or so on my Bianchi hardtail. I quickly upgraded to an FSR Expert back in 98 which was a rocking bike for it's day.

11 years on I still enjoy it, just take it easier as I need to go to work the next day generally ;)

Cheers,
Theo

Sumo

Likes Dirt
Started at 40, broke my neck and gave it away. Trying to make a comeback at 52, but I'm riding like a girl.

mhuth1

Likes Dirt
i started wen i was 13 on a hardtail norco then i was on that for about six months then bought a downhill bike and hav had that for mayb 2-3 months

Smooth King

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Including Bmx ?

Bmx (Diamondback) at 7 till 9. Xc (Specialized Hardrock) from 10 till 12. Fr (Custom Dh Comp) from 12-13. Dh (Dh Comp/IronHorse Sunday Elite) from 13 to 17.

Dh tops them all !!

Joy

Likes Dirt
Started riding gnarlier trails on my fully rigid huffy when I was about 11. Well, they were gnarly for me at the time. I'd consider the tracks to be more cross country but they just happened to go downhill.
Rode a Shogun throughout my teenage years until I bought my first downhill bike when I was 18.

dhDRucer

Likes Dirt
been riding since 11 or 12 doin a bit on xc.Then got a kona stinky supreme as it looked pretty and i didnt no anything about bike.It has served me bery well and glad i made the purchae but i am now doin up a glory.!5 now and dh for bout 2

i love it

24alpha

mtbpicsonline.com
Started riding when I was about 4. Raced BMX at around 10. Started mountain biking in 2006 and downhill in 2007.

Josh222

Likes Dirt
I started downhill when I was ten on a huffy mens bike and at 11 and a half I got my first downhill bike(EX rental Ironhorse 06 7 point 5) then I got a specialized SX trail at 14

3viltoast3r

Likes Bikes and Dirt
DH at 14 on a beat-up cheapy......got a real bike at 15...was an XC bike though (will build it up to a decent spec trail bike some time) and now im 16 on a DH'ish hardtail

SteveC22

Likes Dirt
Started about 4 months ago..boy I wish i got into it younger..before I met jack daniels....had my 1st race last weekend and came 2nd in sport.:D

Duckman

Likes Bikes
i started downhill about hmm 3 months ago now, road a XC bike for about 5 months before that, i now ride a santa cruz vp free full DH build (fox 40's xtr/saint build with dee maxs ) and im 22 this week and loving it :)

Kizzmtbr

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Riding :3 years
Building jumps at the front of my house :9 years
XC\DH eg hard XC tracks on a rigid Giant mtx 225 11 years
XC, DJ and DH on a Giant Talon 12+

... To be continued

samsty

Likes Bikes and Dirt
You are all making me feel old... I started racing around 11 years ago. The sport has changed so much in that time. It has been great watching it evolve.

I used to take racing a bit more seriously back then. But, these days most of what used to be my riding time is now spent either working on tracks, organising an event, or busy working at the events. Not much time for riding. I have almost forgotten how to ride my bike. hahaha :(