What alcohol to drink ?

aceblueheeler1992

Likes Dirt
As above , I train gym/train consistently and my diet is pretty spot on. But I do go to uni and therefore drink probably once a week. The question is what alcohol to drink/mix that does the job with the least damage (drunk easy, without cals/sugar)
Obviously taking shots straight, but it's not doable all night. Also I am aware the the alcohol itself contributes to most of the cals. I usually stick to vodka soda lime. Do drink gin-tonic-lemon/lime , but my go to drink is vodka soda, although I drink rum/coke heaps and goon a fair bit..

Any drinks to recommend

Broken Bones89

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Your spirit of choice and mix it with a diet soft drink or up I can just drink a low carb beer like pure blonde or Hahn superdry.

Knut

Troll hunter
I found handcrafted beers are free from all of the hang-over inducing toxins found in mainstream beers. So impact in other areas maybe reduced. Plus I have two and I am done. I can drink myself sober on VB and feel shit house the next day.

hach_bee

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Sugar free soft drinks with spirits are a good way to go, make sure it's fresh lime to avoid sugary cordials that some bars use. Beers can be hard to track with carbs... rum and coke is like asking for a side of sugar with your sugar. Clear spirits are your lowest cal!

StanTheMan

Likes Dirt
sugar free or diet drinks as mixers make your body gain weight easier. Plus all the chemical shit that in them isn any good for your body in the long term.
Drink your sprit as is or on ice.

or just relax , drink what you like, its one night of the week......what happened to that 1 day with excess calories so your body doesnt feel like its in starvation mode? or is that just a myth thses days as well?

Ridenparadise

Likes Bikes and Dirt
STM is right - Diet drinks are associated with increased food intake over the following 2 hours. They suck and have no place in any diet. Go for full strength, quality beer, dry wine or spirits without mixers and go easy. Or you could do what most uni students do and not give a rats until you fall down.

indica

Serial flasher
Take drugs instead.
Speed will curb your appetite, cocaine will boost your confidence and ecsatcy will make all girls look hot. You can order it all online too. Silk road will sort you at, while you are there you can pick up some steroids too.

Regan of Gong

Likes Dirt
Take drugs instead.
Speed will curb your appetite, cocaine will boost your confidence and ecsatcy will make all girls look hot. You can order it all online too. Silk road will sort you at, while you are there you can pick up some steroids too.
Truth. Do it all at once if you're having a bender.

driftking

Wheel size expert
The quantity would me more of an issue than the type of drink. Don't go overboard & you'll be fine.
This ^

Also it depends what you mean by damage, are we talking weight gain or overall damage, if you are talking overall damage and you have no problem drinking red wine do that. Its the healthiest option in terms of alcohol. Over all though the quantity is going to be the big one. If you want less calories then do shots as you said or go with a straight drink like scotch on rocks cut out the sodas.

or just relax , drink what you like, its one night of the week......what happened to that 1 day with excess calories so your body doesnt feel like its in starvation mode? or is that just a myth thses days as well?
you should never feel like you are in starvation mode, this is a common problem with fad diets. You should never deprive your body of what it needs, the one meal or one day freeforall feed is more about satisfying cravings and those tastes that come from the brain and the years of consistent crap intake that take a little while to get over.
On that its probably better do a one snack every day or one meal every 2-3 days rather than one big binge day.

Last edited:

Steve-0

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I wouldn't worry so much about the calories or the type of drink. You have to enjoy going out or why do it? What's the point in getting drunk off shit drinks and worrying all the time???

Do what POSM said, enjoy yourself and make sure you drink a shitload of water aswell. Get up the next morning and go for a ride.

dcrofty

Eats Squid
I used to counter too much piss and a doner kebab or two by running the 10km home in blundstones. Usually felt better the next morning too.