What are you afraid of?

TheBofh

Likes Dirt
Ladders, (climbing them, not being attacked by them although I'm better than I used to be sometimes I just have to get down & check how stable they are several times).
Eye injury.

Ziggy

Likes Bikes and Dirt

^ But seriously, thats what i talking about one time i though i saw the outline of a shark like that, i paddled into the shore faster than a speedboat (not litterally)
If im not mistaken, i think thats a dolphin.

Im pretty scared of the ocean. Only because when i was a kid i drifted out a fair away (i dont know how far but the people on the beach were just little specks in the distance) in a rip and came damn close to just drifting away.

Trevor_S

Likes Dirt
What are you afraid of?
That my fellow human beings will not realise the mess we are making, pollution, climate change, and we'll "kill the planet"* We have the ability to change the course we are hading down and yet we don't :( What the hell is wrong with us ?

* change it so adversely it is unrecognisable from what it is today

$$Noble$$

Likes Dirt
CLOWNS
PETOFILES
WALKING ON NARROW PATHS RIGHT NEXT TO BIG TRUCKS THAT ARE PASSING BY ABOUT 1m AWAY FROM YOU!

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I agree with what BM Epic said a few pages back... when you are a parent you really fear for your kids. Having seen my 1 year old son turn blue and nearly die in front of my eyes with paramedics working on him the fear is all too real. So as a parent I would die in a second if it would save my kids life... no fear of death for me in that respect.

That said yes I am scared of spiders, flying, poisonous snakes, severe burns, cancer, terrible injuries, driving in Sydney, sharks but really leaving my kids without a dad is a big fear.

jackmac91

Likes Dirt
HAHA^
Nearly had my head removed by a truck last week. I was in camberwell working and I was standing on the truck unloading shit..
Right after I moved away from that spot an ambo took out the truck mirror.

I'm not scared of a whole heap of stuff..
Used to be afraid of the dark but then got over it somehow.
Pretty much all of the most common fears come from the fear of death.
Being totally helpless (quadroplegic SP?) scares me pretty bad.
I used to have that dream alot, you know were theres someone after you but you can run...

xawcom

Likes Bikes
i'm scared of skiediving deep water and learnng to drive with my grandmother i would probebly end up driving on the foot path:D

do-a-flip

Likes Bikes and Dirt
getting flamed on farkin....:p

on a serious note though:
becoming a paraplegic - recently got hit by a tree and couldnt feel my body for a min or two. scariest thing ive ever felt in my life.

driving through the middle of aust - thousands of people have gone missing but were. i shat myself in the movie wolf cree:eek:k.

spiders - had one inside my full face on my nose the other day. it looked HUGE!

big open ocean - dont know if its associated drowning but i hate it.

and finally old things - freaky and weird but i get freaked out when my parents start watching old childrens shows from theor time. too weird.

MasterOfReality

After forever
Snakes - almost got bitten at Helensburgh by a brownsnake (I think it was).

Heights - Although stupidly I did get stoned with a few mates once and decided to climb the communication tower in a small mining town. It was winter, 1am, and windy as hell. I can't sleep if I happen to start thinking about what could have happened.......

Cockroaches - Don't scare me, but make me want to spew. Especially when you smack them with one of your thongs and all that lovely white pus looking stuff comes out.

Public speaking - I used to be terrified of this. I remember flying to Athens to present a paper and I was shitting myself between Sydney and Athens. This fear is gradually reducing.

downhiller_1

Likes Bikes and Dirt
anyone afraid of driving lesson for the first time.... i was pissing every 20 seconds before he came... but he was really nice and helpfull

Old Shagger

Farkin Legend
feeligs

The truly horrible down,low, not knowing or understanding what the hell you are thinking/feeling that comes from a horrid seperation then divorce and the viciousness of having your young kids used as a tool against you.........
I hate that other people have to endure this and a true dred that i never will ever have to go there again. An amazingly scary thing to deal with...............you thing and feel shit you could never imagine............

D

Deleted member 18757

I've heard of so many stories of peoples front wheels falling off when going down a big hill at a high speed. I don't care about going down big hills brakeless but the idea of my front wheel falling off...

treggs

Treggs Tuned
The truly horrible down,low, not knowing or understanding what the hell you are thinking/feeling that comes from a horrid seperation then divorce and the viciousness of having your young kids used as a tool against you.........
I hate that other people have to endure this and a true dred that i never will ever have to go there again. An amazingly scary thing to deal with...............you thing and feel shit you could never imagine............
Old shagger, sorry to hear that. Riding my bike helps me work through problems (gives me time to think) so maybe that will help.

Chin up mate ;)

i2obert

Likes Dirt
untill recently there was nothing i could think that i would be worried about or scared off im more the guy who will try one thing once no problems asked

but untill recently i was in a car accident with a truck where the truck sideswiped me and the front of my car went under the back wheels of the truck since then im worried and will not over take or drive next to a truck even when driving my dads big 4wd