What are you listening to NOW?

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Because I mentioned him in another thread, I've had this stuck in my head all afternoon:

And I heard this in a TV show I was watching earlier and thought it went alright... (much more subtle vibe though!)

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Deep Purple's new single, "Portable Door" which escaped today. Full album follows in July.

This is the first recording with "New Guy" Simon McBride on guitars, after long-time guitarist Steve Morse left the band a couple of years ago for personal reasons. Good, punchy classic British rock sound' Morse, especially in his early years in Purple had a very American wheezy sound, reminiscent of a mid-80s Hair Band

Last edited:

LPG

likes thicc birds
And Steve Albini

One of my favourite things he had a hand in…
Pretty shocking to see Steve gone when reading the news this morning. After hearing Shellac I listened to a lot of music recommended by Steve Albini or recorded by him. Saw him play with Shellac a couple times and spotted him in the sound booth when I saw The Jesus Lizard play in 2009. He's done a lot for music and I'm pretty shocked to see him gone. Sad to see him gone but at least he's left a huge mark.