What are you listening to NOW?

Moggio

Likes Bikes and Dirt
The Steve Albini version of Nirvana's "In Utero". Nice to hear the album sounding more like what it was originally intended, just that bit rawer.

Elbo

pesky scooter kids git off ma lawn
This is freaky. I literally just hit this thread to type that. Rad song, I love it.:)

Now: Fashion - David Bowie
Nice one! :D Love David Bowie.
May I recommend the songs Seven off the album "Hours…", and the versions of Life on Mars? and Five Years live at Fashion Rocks with Arcade Fire—amazing piano and vocals!

Now listening to Lost Cause - Beck.

Ziggy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
[video=youtube;RBPO9Kun_9A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBPO9Kun_9A&feature=related[/video]

hayden olsen

Likes Bikes
magic fountain - by art vs science

also i have a question for all you music genius'. im looking at buying a sound system, the whole kit but don't really know what i need to make a good system, receivers,amps,speakers and should i buy it all separately or buy a package with it all together ? what price am i looking at for a decent setup ? can i plug it into anything ? tv's, computers, ipods,

thanks if you any feedback

loc81

Likes Dirt
magic fountain - by art vs science

also i have a question for all you music genius'. im looking at buying a sound system, the whole kit but don't really know what i need to make a good system, receivers,amps,speakers and should i buy it all separately or buy a package with it all together ? what price am i looking at for a decent setup ? can i plug it into anything ? tv's, computers, ipods,

thanks if you any feedback
If you are serious about getting something decent I'd go to a legit audio store, not JB or Harvey Norman where there's a good chance of being pushed around. The fact you don't have a budget yet worries me that you know nothing- bring a mature friend or relo with you when shopping to get a second opinion. IMO a good, long term home theater system should be be worth 4-5k at least. Other peoples thoughts may differ though?

loc81

Likes Dirt
Also the fact you can listen to such a horrible song like magic fountain and suggest you want a good system is a concern too!

Laurie01

Likes Bikes
If you are serious about getting something decent I'd go to a legit audio store, not JB or Harvey Norman where there's a good chance of being pushed around. The fact you don't have a budget yet worries me that you know nothing- bring a mature friend or relo with you when shopping to get a second opinion. IMO a good, long term home theater system should be be worth 4-5k at least. Other peoples thoughts may differ though?
good post!...
first decide weather you want surround sound or a purist 2 channel system then it would be a good idea to have a rough budget in mind. otherwise things can very easily spiral out of control.. then make sure you talk to someone who knows what they are talking about because if your buying seperates product synergy is very important... ive heard systems worth $2000 that sound brilliant but on the other hand ive heard systems worth $200,000 that sound awful.. then the most imprortant thing to remember of al is..... does i look good sitting in your living room, haha not really the most important but still worth considering.. then once you've done all that add 5 grand onto the budget that you decided on at the very start and you might be closer to the real amount you'll end up spending.

oh and by the way i'm listening to rodrigo y gabriella

Ziggy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
[video=youtube;YemhxC9OpSw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YemhxC9OpSw&p=420E92B04BB93B69&playnext=1&index=6[/video]