What are your top 5 punk songs of all time?

Matt H

Eats Squid
Bordering on hardcore but I don't caresss

Can't be bothered naming songs but IMO Against Me!, DBS and of course older stuff from the likes of the clash is worth mentioning

Last edited:

NCR600

Likes Dirt
Yes, with 'less talk' nipping at it's heels. 'Against the grain' is 2x the album of stranger than fiction, mind;)
Propaghandi played to about 200 people in Melb (Richmond?) in the mid 90's (94-95?) on the back of 'how to clean'.....STILL my fave gig of all time, and I saw a shitload of great bands back then.... :D

Propaghandi are an amazing act. Saw them on the "Less Talk" tour and they were fantastic.
Guitarist got nude 5 minutes in, and spent most of the remaining time with a 500ml water bottle duct taped to the end of something no normal person would have thought of.

Then the nude stage diving started.

My favourite gig of all time too.

DJninja

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rancid-Fall back down
Pennywise-Bro Hym
Refused-New noise
Bad Religion-Social suicide
Ramones-Sheena is a Punk Rocker

moorey

call me Mia
Propaghandi are an amazing act. Saw them on the "Less Talk" tour and they were fantastic.
Guitarist got nude 5 minutes in, and spent most of the remaining time with a 500ml water bottle duct taped to the end of something no normal person would have thought of.

Mid gig, a couple of skinheads turned to and started pushing people around. Jord asked who in the crowd supported Pauline Hanson, the skinheads started to cheer, so Jord yelled at them to get the fuck out....fuck the went quiet and slinked off:D:D:D:D:D

timmo

Likes Dirt
Without going back and referring to the CD/MP3 collection, a top 5 might look as follows:
Guns of Brixton - The Clash
ASIO - The Disables
Holidays in the sun - Sex Pistols
One in a million - Bodyjar
Come Out and Play - Offspring

Other notable contenders:
LMA - The Mark Of Cain (not sure of punk status of TMOC, maybe more hardcore)
Kick Him When He's Down - Offspring
Barroom Hero - Dropkick Murphys

donthucktoflat

Eats Squid

i dont know about you but everytime i listen to propagandhi i feel like getting nude and taping a water bottle to my guitar as well:p

fatnold

Likes Bikes and Dirt
pixie dust - snuff
terrorist attack - major accident
i live in my car - uk subs
2 million voices - angelic upstarts
fucked up and wasted - anti-nowhere league
drinking and driving - the business
runnin' riot - cock spar(rer)
decadence - cosmic psychos
dirty degenerate boy - X
big man - crass
neat neat neat - damned

no. can't get down to 5.:confused: (plus most of the real top 5 have already been listed. 'know your product' and 'stranded', 'search and destroy' etc) suffice is to say that it was sooo much better back when i was a boy.:p and get off the lawn you kids:mad:

roasted

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Anti Nowhere League are great live. bummed I left the UK before Steve Ignorants performance of Feeding of the 5000 too, looked incredible. Steve + two other members of crass, Conflict, Zounds, Restarts and a couple of others too.

Have no idea about top 5 albums, will have to look at my records when i get back.

I-AM-TEH-FASTEST-11

Blitzkrieg Films
Last Caress -The Misfits
The Brews - NoFX (I would say Linoleum but The brews is a better anthem)
Lockdown - Guttermouth
Holiday in cambodia - Dead Kennedy's
Bad Religion -Along the way

man that was way too hard

worthy songs, I could think of about 50 NoFX songs, about 10 Misfits songs, a few Ramones songs, some more Bad Religion, Lagwagon, Some Vandals, The Germs.. god i dunno

cellardoor

Likes Dirt
Blank Generation- Richard Hell
Rock and Roll Nigger- Pattie Smith
Londons Burning- The Clash
I Did It My Way- Johnny Rotten
The KKK Took My Baby Away- Ramones

Im not that into punk though.

old4dy

Likes Dirt
shes got the look-guttermouth
same old storey- pennywise
leave it alone-NOFX
its a fact-the vandals
some of my best friends are racist-frenzal rhomb

FR Drew

Not a custom title.
Because it's a cover of a Frank Sinatra song by a talentless prick.
I second the motion.

*My bad for wrongly attributing the piece of dross to Vicious when the brickbats should have gone to Rotten. Apologies.

They really should have stuck to anti establishment rant songs. At best the Pistols version of My Way was a piss-take but it certainly wasn't a brilliant piece of anything.

Last edited:

FR Drew

Not a custom title.
Actually, on the topic of covering Sinatra and totally off topic, Robbie Williams and Michael Buble (sp?) are sooooo not Sinatra that it's just not funny. Sinatra has more vocal style and timing in his left index finger than the two of them put together. Find a copy of "Songs for Swinging Lovers" by Sinatra and compare with "Sing when you're winning" and whatever the Buble thing was. Actually, don't bother trying to compare, you're wasting your time.

Anyhow, back to punk...

PINT of Stella. mate!

Many, many Scotches
My Top 5

God Save The Queen - The Sex Pistols

Rudy cant fail - The Clash

Ever fallen in love - The Buzzcocks

Anarchy in the UK - The Sex Pistols

Lust for Life - Iggy Pop