What bars should i buy.

bingle

Likes Bikes
I ride a '03 norco 125 and am looking to upgrade the handle bars on it. i am think azonic chubby pdw bars with a 2.5 inch rise. what you guys recomend?

Eazy

Likes Bikes
bingle said:
I ride a '03 norco 125 and am looking to upgrade the handle bars on it. i am think azonic chubby pdw bars with a 2.5 inch rise. what you guys recomend?
Bingle, check this thread out.

Btw; do you have the Axiom Supercross bars on that bike?

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
Please dont touch the PDW bars. they break easily. If you wanna keep it cheap, go the Azonic World Force bars or Double Walls. Downside with DW's is that they have a slow rise, ie they give you crap all room to move your grips, levers, and shifters.

If you're willing to go over $100, check out Answer, Easton, and RaceFace.

CHEWY

Eats Squid
bingle said:
why would u want to do that!!! i have a 125 too and the axioms r insanely nice, i luv em.

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
::RideSiK:: said:
on the subject of bars anyone know anything about easton monkey bars?
ummm they rok! am using their carbon Dh's atm and they are so stiff, just don't scratch them. Otherwise gp the EA50 or EA70.

wombat

Lives in a hole
fastrider gus said:
yea.. dont scratch them or they will snap.. :roll:
quality. :lol:
It's a flaw in the nature of thr material, and has nothing to do with quality. The same problem occurs with alloy bars (although to a lesser extent).

Squidly Didly

Has Been
Staff member
The idea of the carbon dh bar was not a weight saving, but to create the stiffest bar on the planet. Just pick one up and try to bend it. Providing you don't scratch the carbon, it stays at 100% as carbon doesn't fatigue (until you hit it). Aluminium bars slowly fatigue over every hit, you just don't see it, then one day when you land a drop... kasnap! Atleast with carbon bars, you know when it's going to go.

Ride_Guy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Pro Tapers seem to do the trick for me, and they haveba nice kwik rise so u can cut them down a fair bit if desired.

shmity

Likes Bikes and Dirt
All materials fatigue, its more the fact that the limits on each are differnet. Ferous or steel based materials, have a limit, ie no matter the number of deflection cycles, if the force is below a certain threshold, the bar will not experiance fatigue damage. Aluminium, carbon and other non ferous materials on the other hand, have no fatigue limit, meaning any force it experiances will cause fatigue damage, no matter how small.

Now for homework read chapters 11 12 and 34

toodles

Wheel size expert
I had carbon bars and they snapped one day when I lifted on them. Very scary. Oh and I looked pretty dumb cos everyone told me carbon was a crap idea. If you've got a '03 125 remember you'll need a new stem if you wanna run MTB bars - the stock one has a smaller clamp. I'm running Azonics on my 125 because I like the sweep and feel of them.