What bike??

DJ SLOPE STYLE

Likes Bikes
HI im wondering what bike to get for some downhill/freeride/slopstyle and whether or not to get triple clamps or not and what bike would you recermend

thanks

p.s not racing just riding for fun

DJ SLOPE STYLE

Likes Bikes
yer that blk mrkt is mad aye but it only has 100mm travle or could you put more on it

and how much would the frame of the kill switch be and when does it come out

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I ride everything on my hardtail, so front/rear travel isnt a problem or issue for me.

The Killswitch comes out quite soon (a month) and to build one up will probably cost close to 3k.

I kinda mentioned the Killswitch due to the fact that it would be in my dream stable.

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
I ride everything on my hardtail, so front/rear travel isnt a problem or issue for me.

The Killswitch comes out quite soon (a month) and to build one up will probably cost close to 3k.
You would be pushing it for that much, the European RRP is 1499 euros (on special at 1349euros) for frame and shock: that's rough $2400 AUS for the RRP.

edit: Yep, still on the German site at that pricing.

Re: tripple crowns, not needed for SS/FR, 160mm fork would be ideal for the DH/FR/SS concept if that's your order of priorities.

I'd consider a 9spd, 5-6" play bike honestly, keep it 14-15kg mark, air shocks and light wheel combination: heck, it's what I'm running currently and I love it.

Last edited:

RYDA

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Woops... My sources have told me lies...

EDIT: Buy a Solid Flair Slopestyle bike ;)

DJ SLOPE STYLE

Likes Bikes
hahah ok umm i can mabey go 3500 but thats absoute max

and could you guys put together a specs list for me like rims spokes and hubs , forks and all that stuff please because i know nothing about down hill lol so yer thanks and prices

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
those solids bikes are mad how much and where can i get them from
Through me mate, We've just sold the last flair however: will be a little while before our next shipment is due, can be ordered no issues though.

If you're on a budget the DM shine is a much better price ( TBA around $1100-1200 w/o shock), but still only 4" :

http://www.fearlesscycles.com.au/dmdsframe.html

Solid Flair information

http://www.fearlesscycles.com.au/flair.html

http://www.fearlesscycles.com.au/flairframe.html

Last edited:

Sethius

Crashed out somewhere
omg that frame is so nice are you in NSW cause im in Qld how much woud it cost for me to get one to my place ??? thanks heaps
We post Australia wide: based in Vic. The Dartmoor Shine isn't due out until May/June however for those others asking by the way.

elliotdhmcgeary

Likes Bikes and Dirt
hahah ok umm i can mabey go 3500 but thats absoute max

and could you guys put together a specs list for me like rims spokes and hubs , forks and all that stuff please because i know nothing about down hill lol so yer thanks and prices
If you know nothing about DH, don't build a custom bike. Buy a complete bike. Buy a cheapish second hand bike and find what style you like the most, sell it further on down the track, and then buy yourself a nice bike.

Just what i'd do if i were in your situation.

chrisfindlay

Likes Dirt
Not trying to step on anyones toes,

Maybe go to the top right of you screen and search, first downhill bike or something of that category, just so you dont start a repetitive thread, also read some reviews and threads, on other bikes, if you like them ask some Questions.

Also,

jay you might want to make your posts more formal, giving the price, what you want roughly where you are, and what your using it for,

i see that you included what you are going to use it for, but im just warning you,
You got banned before just try not to annoy the mods this time.

P.s nice work on the Ns bitch, good choice

chrisfindlay

Likes Dirt
HI im wondering what bike to get for some downhill/freeride/slopstyle and whether or not to get triple clamps or not and what bike would you recermend

thanks

p.s not racing just riding for fun
also man, a slope-style bike has a complete different setup from a free ride bike and a downhill. so your bikes will be in either three categories try narrow it down to one.

happy posting.