What brakes and drivetrain

scissors

Likes Bikes
Ok, here goes.

I have been looking to get some second hand brakes for my AC but don't know whether thay will fit... which ones will and which ones won't, what would i need to do to make them fit? What would be good brakes for someone who weighs 100kg?

Also, which is better shimano XTR or Sram X-0:confused:

DownhillerDeano

Doesn't want a custom title!
Ok, here goes.

I have been looking to get some second hand brakes for my AC but don't know whether thay will fit... which ones will and which ones won't, what would i need to do to make them fit? What would be good brakes for someone who weighs 100kg?

Also, which is better shimano XTR or Sram X-0:confused:
Providing you have the right adaptors you can put just about any brake on, if not, every brake. Again adaptors for suitable size rotors.

I'm running Hayes 9's with V8 rotors and they work great, some ppl bag them out but hey it comes down to personal preferance, I like them. But get soem decent pads, such as EBC. Hayes pads glaze too easy

AFAIK the Ac's came with soles didnt they? So you have the hayes mount on the forks which I think may also accomodate a shimano brake, am I right guys?

As for drivetrain, I have never rideen either, I ride the 07 X-9 and feel it is sweet enough not to warrant the extra dough for X-0. Im not saying anything on SHIMANO cos I'm a SRAM man now, lol, but I would imagine both being top of the range would (should) perform flawlessy.

Cash is a governing factor for both brakes and drivetrain too!

Bazzil ballbag

Likes Dirt
Xo Seems to be the flavour of the month at the moment, and they are really nice shifters and derailleurs but for the cash you pay you'd expect them to be. The x9's seem pretty good too, everyone seems to be Sram not Shimano at the moment, but I still like the Shimano stuff. Haven't used the XTR stuff but the XT 07 shifters let you change up down with your thumbs as well as your pointer finger (old rapid fire style) and they are really sweet.

Matt H

Eats Squid
In regards of the drivetrain, X-0 sure does look good, but seems to have some quality control issues with the shifter screwing up.
I'd personally go with XTR on the reliability factor :cool:

Plow King

Little bit.
X0 on a Ac...??!?!?!/!??!#/15425462789643`178653tgdh!!?32!/2

Ask yourself, is it really worth it?

Personally I would sell the AC and buy a new bike with the cash you have saved for new gears and brakes.

My $0.02

Alec McJo

Likes Bikes and Dirt
X0 on a Ac...??!?!?!/!??!#/15425462789643`178653tgdh!!?32!/2

Ask yourself, is it really worth it?

Personally I would sell the AC and buy a new bike with the cash you have saved for new gears and brakes.

My $0.02
Agreed, I don't think the guy realises how much X.0 is I'd say.

The derailuer alone would be worth more than the frame :D

But for the record, I wouldn't waste money on X.0... get an 07 X.9 and your set. Oh and you cant really say whats better out of XTR and X.0, everyone thinks different and will have their own argument as to why ones better and the others not.

Oh and as for Brakes, don't buy Hayes unless their secondhand. A good general rule for Hayes is don't buy them unless your on a budget and getting them secondhand, or they come on your bike. Otherwise... Buy Shimano, or Avid - Shimano for reliability factor!

DH_co

Likes Dirt
Yep, shifter fucks up. After owning, 05 x.7, 06 x.9, 07 x.0, 07 x.9, and riding my mates xt/xtr setup, xtr/xt will be my choice. SRAM is over rated IMO.

Renegade

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Yep, shifter fucks up. After owning, 05 x.7, 06 x.9, 07 x.0, 07 x.9, and riding my mates xt/xtr setup, xtr/xt will be my choice. SRAM is over rated IMO.
I agree two of my sram shifters carked it.. got an x7 and its ok though

scissors

Likes Bikes
I don't ave enough money to get a whole new bike and if I got one it would be a good one, I am a big person. I won't bre getting enough money for a while and I just wanna get my AC a bit better for the time being