What club should i join?

BUSHPIG

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Hi everyone!
Im looking at racing the NSW state DH round this year and have been told ime going to need to get membership from MTBA if i want to be scored, ect...
I have been told that the best way to do it is become a member of a club, and that this includes MTBA membership.
so i am faced with which club to join....
I live in Tamworth, which is about 3.5 hours from coffs, and 4.25 hours from Sydney.
We pretty regularly go to coffs to visit friends, but also have relatives in Sydney's north shore.
I have had a look at the MTBA website for some clubs and havent found any on the North shore, but there is one in coffs.

What do you recon?
What club are you a member of? (NSW'alers please)

cheeeeeers

http://www.mtba.asn.au/forms/?IntCatId=5
The PDF isn't opening, anyone got a saved copy in there saved files?

Last edited:

BUSHPIG

Likes Bikes and Dirt
For the support of DH go for a DH club. I am a member of our local club HVMTBR but they do not hold DH races (yet HEH HEH HEH). Coffs club as I am aware is not with the Coffs Downhill crew. Someone correct me if I am wrong. I joined the Hunter club as I was racing at their tracks and wanted to show some support.. Great bunch , well the ones Ive met ( Watch out for that sammydog character though Ducati riders are a bit strange Heh heh heh) But seriously I'd go for a club that has a DH track just to support this bit of the sport.

JUST MY $0.02
thanks dug.
Might go for western Sydney. Its no where near me but it has a DH track and freeride. I wouldn't mind helping build there as well.
As for Armidale, i didn't see it on the mtba website so i won't risk it, thanks anyhow
cheers big ears!

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
By joining Coffs Harbour Cycle Club you are part of the DH club. We run under the MTBA affiliation and we actually hold races that allow you to register on the day with a day license and ride A lines, B lines......whatever lines are on the race track! We also encourage people to enjoy the racing atmosphere and we don't split the groups for "practise". Our entry fee caters for people who want to ride and not wait in a line up as well............

BUSHPIG

Likes Bikes and Dirt
By joining Coffs Harbour Cycle Club you are part of the DH club. We run under the MTBA affiliation and we actually hold races that allow you to register on the day with a day license and ride A lines, B lines......whatever lines are on the race track! We also encourage people to enjoy the racing atmosphere and we don't split the groups for "practise". Our entry fee caters for people who want to ride and not wait in a line up as well............
Sounds excellent!
And the most practical for me anyhow.
If you could fill me in Dozer:
What is the cost to join Coffs Harbour cycle club?
What forms do i have to fill out (the PDF on the MTBA website isn't working!)
By joining an mtba affiliated club i am a member of mtba and am able to race NSW state DH rounds as long as i pay the day fees when i go on the day. TRUE/FALSE.

cheers big ears;)

BUSHPIG

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Well there you go support the local I'll be joining the Coffs Cycle Club ASAP. Thanks for straightening me out on that D ;)

There is some sweet single track up that way too....
makes me want to buy a cross country bike and sell the Dirt jumper.

Dozer

Heavy machinery.
Staff member
Sounds excellent!
And the most practical for me anyhow.
If you could fill me in Dozer:
What is the cost to join Coffs Harbour cycle club?
What forms do i have to fill out (the PDF on the MTBA website isn't working!)
By joining an mtba affiliated club i am a member of mtba and am able to race NSW state DH rounds as long as i pay the day fees when i go on the day. TRUE/FALSE.

cheers big ears;)
-Joining the club is about $10.
-I'm sure there is a form for the club, I'll track it down.
-I've got an MTBA form on my machine at home, I'll post it up.
-You will need to complete the membership forms for MTBA and Coffs Cycle Club and pay the according fees ($10 Coffs Club and about $65 MTBA). You will then me a member of a club and MTBA so all you need to do i spay the entry fee for each state round and you can ride the A lines and practise when you're told to.

BUSHPIG

Likes Bikes and Dirt
-Joining the club is about $10.
-I'm sure there is a form for the club, I'll track it down.
-I've got an MTBA form on my machine at home, I'll post it up.
-You will need to complete the membership forms for MTBA and Coffs Cycle Club and pay the according fees ($10 Coffs Club and about $65 MTBA). You will then me a member of a club and MTBA so all you need to do i spay the entry fee for each state round and you can ride the A lines and practise when you're told to.
Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou.
If you could post the PDF form up in an attachment or something rather, that would be great.

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm late on all this, and by the sounds of things everything is pretty close to being done, but check out HMBA. It's pretty close to Tamworth in comparison, and monkey is always open.

Like everyone's said though, Coffs is another good option, it's just wherever you prefer.

BUSHPIG

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I'm late on all this, and by the sounds of things everything is pretty close to being done, but check out HMBA. It's pretty close to Tamworth in comparison, and monkey is always open.

Like everyone's said though, Coffs is another good option, it's just wherever you prefer.
Thanks for the input Matt but i think i will go with coffs.;)