What DH Frames come with a 135mm rear end

bennymac

Likes Dirt
ok i'm looking at getting a new frame. thing is i just got a new wheelset and its a 135mm rear spacing, i know demo 8 has a 135 spacing.

so if some one can help me out as i need to know what other dh frame come with a 135mm spacing ????????

Mattydv

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Another alternative if you don't want to buy a specific frame just because it has 135mm spacing, buy whatever frame you want and send it down to Grip Sports to be modified.

I did it with a hardtail (spaced from 135 to 150) and the job was brilliant - strong as ever and cheap as well!

Welshy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Orange 224 Evo has a 135mm rear end.

Also, why pick a frame on the specifications of your wheels? The frame is a hell of a lot more pricey, and a hell of a lot more individual. Buy the frame - match the parts. Sell your wheels and buy new ones, or send them back if they're new and unused.

bikesarefun

Likes Bikes and Dirt
If you're going to that effort, better also make sure it can accommodate the right diameter axle... Some 135mm are 10mm, others 12mm....

j5ive

Jonny Sprockets Bike Shop
Another alternative if you don't want to buy a specific frame just because it has 135mm spacing, buy whatever frame you want and send it down to Grip Sports to be modified.

I did it with a hardtail (spaced from 135 to 150) and the job was brilliant - strong as ever and cheap as well!
Surely a new hub was the cheaper option?

bennymac

Likes Dirt
1 stone

thanks to all replys the wheelset i have r spank rims on hope pro 2 hubs so i can get a new hub but if a frame with a 135 rear end comes up i thouhgt i'll kill to birds with one stone

miko

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Giant ATX DH 1 & 2

hahahahaha

Get a new hub, that way when the next bargain frame comes up you won't have the same problem.

ToranaJudd

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Maybe a silly Q.

But... What would prevent you from running a 7.5mm spacer either side on the wheel to make up the extra 15mm? I suppose it would throw the chainline and rear-der out. Has ayone experimented with this idea? Would be good insurance if you buckle a wheel and have a spare 135mm lying around.

The more I think bout it the less likely it will work.

15mm spacer on the non-drive side would push the rear wheel way off centre to I suppose..

DownhillerDeano

Doesn't want a custom title!
Maybe a silly Q.

But... What would prevent you from running a 7.5mm spacer either side on the wheel to make up the extra 15mm? I suppose it would throw the chainline and rear-der out. Has ayone experimented with this idea? Would be good insurance if you buckle a wheel and have a spare 135mm lying around.

The more I think bout it the less likely it will work.

15mm spacer on the non-drive side would push the rear wheel way off centre to I suppose..
This would mean your caliper would be 7.5 mm away from the rotor, plus the derailuer problem you mentioned.

Then you get those pain in the ass frames with a 150 spacing running a 135 hub to accomodate for floating brake mounts, ie the 07 stab....

Welshy

Likes Bikes and Dirt
This would mean your caliper would be 7.5 mm away from the rotor, plus the derailuer problem you mentioned.

Then you get those pain in the ass frames with a 150 spacing running a 135 hub to accomodate for floating brake mounts, ie the 07 stab....
The 07 Stabs don't actually have a true 135mm hub, they use a 150mm Ringle hub with a removable spacer on the disc side. This doesn't change it from 150 to 135, as it still has the extra distance between disc mounts and flange.

mullan2304

Likes Bikes and Dirt
thanks to all replys the wheelset i have r spank rims on hope pro 2 hubs so i can get a new hub but if a frame with a 135 rear end comes up i thouhgt i'll kill to birds with one stone
If you're going to that effort, better also make sure it can accommodate the right diameter axle... Some 135mm are 10mm, others 12mm....

You still need to answer this question before you can get an answer. Measure you axle width and people will be able to steer you in the right direction more accurately.

bennymac

Likes Dirt
gone with a 150 now thanks anyway

sorry for the late reply i have gone with a 150 frame i got it on saterday so i need a 150 rear hope pro 2 hub now thanks for all the help ppls.