What DH pedals

oreo

Likes Bikes
Hey Guys, im looking at getting some new pedals for my DH bike and i wanted to know what the best pedals, you have had and no clip pedals, i don't like clip pedals. If you can, can you also post a link.

Thanks

driftking

Wheel size expert
Depends if you are looking for a light weight pedal that may compromise strength, a strong pedal that is heavy or a allround pedal. Straitline's are probably one of the most well known pedals for been a top allround performer at a good weight, strong and a slimish design.
I have run crankbros 5050 and had nothing but good results with them, others have had issues with reliability.
Have a look in the 2012 products thead, there are a few pedals in their that are been released soon or early next year. Chuncked are also bringing out a pedal not sure when it will be released though. Other pedals that caught my eye if you want something super low profile are tioga zero pedals, 7mm thick and down to 4mm in places, it relys on one large bearing next to the crank arm so there is no axel through the pedal giving a flat surface unlike PO1NT pedals. They are also made out of CrMo so the strenght should be there. I have not read what type of riding it is designed though. The design looks super light with awesome mud shedding, they are almost scary thin.

Nerf Herder

Wheel size expert
Burgtec Penthouse MkIII

Pushie page has details here
If you have massive feet or if you like a big solid platform then these puppies are for you.

Can get them Here @ Cycotic or ask for us at your fav LBS

I've been on the Po1nts for over a year now and they are great ... get those Here @ Crankin

needaride

Likes Dirt
+1 for the Straitlines and the Burgtecs.

Deity Decoys are also pretty good, a bit thinner and lighter than the ones above, but also not as strong.

castlo

Likes Dirt
Atomlabs for me, never missed a best great grip and strength for me, I'm on my phone so I can't link you at the moment but check them out