What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
I guess its because you've got 4 trails (2 downhill, vapour and skyline) meeting there and then splitting into 3 after. Its kinda natural to see which faster riders might be now behind you, or wait for people you're riding with to show which way to go down. I take it as a given to slow down for that point and then drop into next part of the trail once its clear. I guess if you mean people blocking the way whilst having a chat, thats another thing.
That’s all fine... But don’t sit there totally blocking the trail. Get the fuck off the trail if you’re stopping for a chin wag.

They always stop at the end, making getting past them and down onto the luge sketchy and annoying...

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Put in the new Uber bike brake pads @northvanguy sent me. Gave them a test run at O'hallorans. Man they got some stopping power.

Absolutely shit all over the finned Shimmy resin front, and Nukeproof whatever it was rear, that I pulled out.

I don't have much experience with different brake pads and their relative merits, but after bedding in, and blazing down at my local, these get from me.

Plus they gave me the satisfying little race brake squeak that my Juicy's had back in the day.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Put in the new Uber bike brake pads @northvanguy sent me. Gave them a test run at O'hallorans. Man they got some stopping power.

Absolutely shit all over the finned Shimmy resin front, and Nukeproof whatever it was rear, that I pulled out.

I don't have much experience with different brake pads and their relative merits, but after bedding in, and blazing down at my local, these get from me.

+1 They are absolutely great pads.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Lazmo

Old and hopeless
That’s all fine... But don’t sit there totally blocking the trail. Get the fuck off the trail if you’re stopping for a chin wag.

They always stop at the end, making getting past them and down onto the luge sketchy and annoying...

Yeah it’s a thing... yesterday, two lots of people, obviously enjoying their day and having a good chinwag... and good luck to them... but why not just move a smidge to the left, or even worst case, right. I’m not on a strava run, so it’s not the end of the world for me, but it’d be better if they didn’t park themselves on the trail.

mtb1611

Seymour
Finally got back on the dirt; last time I rode the mtb was in Thredbo at the end of March. Felt great to be back offroad. Great ride along the river trail at Camden with mates. Had a suspicion that I'd broken the clutch on the rear derailleur during an off at Thredbo and today my suspicion was confirmed. Shifted fine but I'd forgotten how annoying chain slap can be. Also first ride using the pair of Fox Ranger gloves I bought a few weeks ago. Felt good but noticed the absence of a cloth section along the thumb, which is generally extremely useful for removing sweat, snot, and combinations of both!

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Must be dickhead weekend at Stromlo... Uf anyone knows who was laying out the course for the race today at Stromlo, tell them putting a fucking log across the trail hidden in shadows behind tape at perfect bunny hop height on Old Duffy is the act of an unmitigated gaping arsehole and a complete fuckwit.

Jesus H Christ on a stick, that was super fucking close to being a big and nasty crash...

Last edited:

indica

Serial flasher
We went to Townsville for the weekend and rode Douglas MTB park. Oh what fun that is. Easy meandering climbs and a variety of green, blue and black descents. Some decent drops and doubles to make me feel like I can ride. Two days of two hours a pop. If you go, go EARLY, 30° by 930am.

Jpez

Down on the left!
It's that a tight squeeze in the way back up @Jpez?
No wasn’t too bad at all. Besides you’re only in the thing for 10min max.
The owner Ben was flying. Was a lot of fun.
Didn’t need to wait in parking bays for bus’s passing either just flew straight past.
Also took us up a couple little shortcuts that the bus’s can’t get up.
Definitely the way to go.

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Rode it yesterday. Just Youies again, but focusing on actually trying to improve skills as I had gotten a little lazy with some of the basics. Basic stuff like keeping heels down, weighting the front properly in long corners, shoving the front down on change of direction to get it snapping one way to the other a bit harder and just trying different lines and trying to actually use some of the lips and rocks that make for slightly sketchier but faster/smoother lines overall. I'm still crap, but now slightly less crap. It's amazing how much difference those little 1-2% changes make to your ability to carry speed.

hellmansam

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Ugh...I'm pissssed right off now ! Leisurely bike prep for Linga Longa day out tomorrow, was to be today but got my ticket changed when they added tomorrow due to demand. No worries, fitted my latest RB purchase of a Saint brake set, internal rooting of hose sorted, bled etc. All good until I change my rear tyre back to the 2.4 DHF and find a second broken spoke &^@%*^% The first one I fixed a few weeks ago and neglected to grab a spare spoke or two in case they are on the way out. Same group of spokes LH, tensioned when braking, and right now when all the bike shops are shut. Other 29'er wheels I have spokes are about 10mm too long to borrow. Might go fishing tomorrow instead.