What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Random event...no crash..nothing just sat down and rail snapped clean....I wish I could tell a spectacular tale that would at least make the drive seem worthwhile

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Rode mine 60km on the road today... Hate wasting the mtb ok the road but it's a necessary evil..

Minlak

custom titis
What did I do? What did I do? Well ok i"ll tell you what I did!

1st:- Spent 5hrs setting my tubeless rims up with Stans No Tube Kit.
2nd:- Put the tubes back in my tyres and put them back on the bike.
3rd:- Ordered 2 new "Tubeless" tyres from the store.
4th:- Installed a frame skin on the forks and underside of the frame. It was kinda easy to do would like more coverage but fiddly and me don't get along.
5th:- After 4 weeks of "Air Shock" ownership worked out why my pressures were always wrong.
6th:- Found out how to use my shock pump the correct way.

Well at least I get to ride tomorrow now even though it is just a meander along the beach with the Family. Would normally take my hardtail but building wheels takes time it seems.

camzh

Likes Dirt
Got a sick set of bars and stem for my down hill bike.
Shit came with a gopro mount so I can take videos of my gnarly runs.

camzh

Likes Dirt
Frame: Red and Silver GIANT. Its a real one, not one of the fakes.
Gears: 21 Speed ! so much better than my k-mart BMX
Shifters and brakes: 1 piece light weight units, i dont like too much shit clogging up my bars

Big fat tyres and everything !

kl3ggy

Likes Dirt
Frame: Red and Silver GIANT. Its a real one, not one of the fakes.
Gears: 21 Speed ! so much better than my k-mart BMX
Shifters and brakes: 1 piece light weight units, i dont like too much shit clogging up my bars

Big fat tyres and everything !
Totes Jelly!

DOWN HILL DAN

Likes Bikes
I rode mine at Ourimbah it was good fun but a tad warm.camzh wear did you get your ride i won't one it looks like a fr weapon i have all ways liked those giants.an also wear did you get your reflectors from thay look sick nice bling.did the bars cost more than the bike if so nice deal i like the yellow.

Last edited:

moorey

call me Mia
Converted it to SS for commuting, but will take it out on one last trail ride tomorrow. If I don't post by noon tomorrow, send a search and rescue crew to about mid way up the first good climb.

camzh

Likes Dirt
I rode mine at Ourimbah it was good fun but a tad warm.camzh wear did you get your ride i won't one it looks like a fr weapon i have all ways liked those giants.an also wear did you get your reflectors from thay look sick nice bling.did the bars cost more than the bike if so nice deal i like the yellow.
I found it out front of my local fish n chip shop, It had Free Ride stickers on it, so i figured it was free to ride !
I only do Down Hill on it.
I found the reflectors on the display bikes at Big W, they always have spares !

LJG

Likes Bikes
I've been thinking about going tuebeless for a while but wanted to do it the right way with tubeless rims & tyres so put it in to FTR for Stans no tube Arch EX rims & hubs and Schwalbe Racing Ralph tubeless tyres. While it was there I weakened and had an XT crank & bottom brakcet fitted and an XTR front derailleur. I reweighed the bike at 12.7kg, I'm pretty happy with that for a dually. I'll be eating baked bean casseroles for a while, but man what a difference...........

XTR.JPGZTR.JPG

Last edited:

Asterope

Likes Dirt
Got all psyched up to drag myself away from study and go for a trundle out at Gap Creek,
checked bike to see that the pivot bolt which had been tightened (to manufacturers specs) before the previous ride had not loosened again,
discovered that said bolt had snapped clean off,
put bike back inside,
got a beer and sat outside feeling a bit depressed.

Last edited:

RIDEGIANT

Likes Bikes
Got all psyched up to drag myself away from study and go for a trundle out at Gap Creek,
checked bike to see that the pivot bolt which had been tightened (to manufacturers specs) before the previous ride had not loosened again,
put bike back inside,
That's anyone with a dually's worst nightmare :( The feels man, all over the place

mtb1611

Seymour
Rode past it on my road bike on my way out of the garage, then rode past it on my way back into the garage a couple of hours later. It didn't seem to mind.

SuchisLife

Likes Dirt
put bike back inside,
Also snapped a main linkage bolt and cracked the linkage on my genius... So called LBS, waiting on a call back, don't think I'll be riding the rollercoaster this weekend.

ChopSticks

Banned
tuned up NoFearNick's Giant Anthem.... replaced inner and outer cables, cut/routed to perfection, and tuned it all up

12.39kgs for a 5 year old large frame with heavy wheels and tubes is bloody impressive!