What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Just had a catheter thing installed into a muscle on my spine near my right ribs hooked up to a machine that adds anaesthetic every few hours. They need to manage rib pains because there are so many fractures otherwise I don’t breathe deeply enough, lose oxygen and/or get pneumonia.

I will have to get Kirsty to bring me food though...

kten

understands stuff moorey doesn't
Just had a catheter thing installed into a muscle on my spine near my right ribs hooked up to a machine that adds anaesthetic every few hours. They need to manage rib pains because there are so many fractures otherwise I don’t breathe deeply enough, lose oxygen and/or get pneumonia.

My cousin fell off his bike and did his ribs a couple of weeks ago. Hooked him up to a ketamine drip and he spent 4 nights in hospital, he was told exactly the same thing......breathe deeply my man and good luck with recovery.

Jpez

Down on the left!
Cmon @Haakon tell us the details!
was it a Cashroll backflip, suicide no hander or was it as poodle said showing off your wheelie skills in the Car park?
Heal quick.

@BT180 that’s heavy duty man.

Tubbsy

Packin' a small bird
Staff member
The flat rocky section nearer the top slippery from the rain, or bucked off by the rollers?

Always the innocuous trails that get you... sounds like a bloody sucky injury.

Haakon

The flat rocky section nearer the top slippery from the rain, or bucked off by the rollers?

Always the innocuous trails that get you... sounds like a bloody sucky injury.
Flat fast section about 9/10s of the way along, just a fucking pedal strike on the right side pedal... I think I just got sloppy, I was tired.

Flow-Rider

Burner

Just the memory of broken ribs in the cold weather hurts. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

BT180

Max Pfaff
Slipped lifting the bike from his car.
Almost!

Flat fast section about 9/10s of the way along, just a fucking pedal strike on the right side pedal... I think I just got sloppy, I was tired.
Wow, same as my accident. Trail I've ridden a hundred times before, got sucked down to the low side of the trail and tried to correct. Right pedal hit a rock and I stopped instantly, being ejected OTB. Scraped my face and forearm, but that was pretty minor. The impact and twisting motion however, resulted in a grade 3 liver laceration.

This is what the impact did to my shoe.

slowmick

38-39"
Fucking pedal strikes... instant stop will fuck you up every time.
Yup pedal strike on a fairly benign trail sent me over the bars for a dislocated and fractured shoulder followed by 3 months off the bike.

There's never a good time for an injury but it seems this one got you at a low point. Take care of yourself on all fronts. Don't be a stranger on here.

Haakon

Yup pedal strike on a fairly benign trail sent me over the bars for a dislocated and fractured shoulder followed by 3 months off the bike.

There's never a good time for an injury but it seems this one got you at a low point. Take care of yourself on all fronts. Don't be a stranger on here.
id finally nailed the last injury too. Had two weeks of pain free riding fro the first time in years. Doh.