What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Knuckles

Lives under a bridge
I thought you were building a bike? pics? when are we going to throw it down the youies?
Still am, 2 now :tsk:. Sick inlaws, off season horse track construction and the wife wanting a functioning bathroom :noidea: Have conspired against me. There are some pics of where up to on the Blur a few pages back. I just can't bring myself to sully these awesome valve stems I received though......

takai

Eats Squid
Good to meet you mate, they must have looked pretty poor next to those other forks in the back seat. Enjoy the builds :thumb:
Was good to meet you and put a face to the name. The single crowns still hold up pretty well, but the 40s are pretty blingy.

Now to find a new direct mount stem, the ones i had for my previous forks are not the current 50x30mm standard.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
For a minute I thought takai had snuck into my house to take photos!

I performed a quick make over on the nomad...new cassette bars pedals post and seat to go with new wheels and chain guide...
- wheels = mavic deetracks
- chain guide = gravity lite
- seat = azonic something from my stash
- post = crank brothers cobalt
- bars = funn full on 750mm
- pedals = ns leg eaters
- cassette = sram pg950 12-26

I wanted to go stealth black with the orange pedals. Giant glory build has hit a major hurdle, so licking my wounds and playing with the nomad.

IMG_20140718_202650.jpg

One day I'll get around to trimming those brakes.

eastie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Shes licking her wound. Do you need any more explanation, or diagrams?

Whats with the slicks on a nomad? Always wanted a nomad....

Last edited:

takai

Eats Squid
For a minute I thought takai had snuck into my house to take photos!

One day I'll get around to trimming those brakes.
Nah, i think i would be one of the few people on here with a race car in the garage alongside the bikes....

Oh and shorten those brake lines now.... they are just begging for a stick to snag in them.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Shes licking her wound. Do you need any more explanation, or diagrams?

Whats with the slicks on a nomad? Always wanted a nomad....
slicks...nomad is currently my only functioning bike so it is doubling as freeride machine, all mountain pony, commuter and stair hucker, and just general looking good and showing off. I am attempting to stick with 2 bikes for a while (been running 3-4 for a while and thought it might be nice to see how the rest of the world live). Deetracks for the town work, DT Swiss FR600 for the trails. I switched out the Thompson seat post in case some smack head decided to pinch my seat (QR clamp).

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Nah, i think i would be one of the few people on here with a race car in the garage alongside the bikes....

Oh and shorten those brake lines now.... they are just begging for a stick to snag in them.
Yeah I know. been taunting fate with them for a while now...if only I was busting out the maxxx gnar tail whips to justify it!

And it was the neat stack of car tyres that eased my mind. I keep my spare (bike) tyres in a very unorderly fashion.

Thomas11

Likes Dirt
Made the changes to trance.
Finally cut the steerer and got the headset fitted at the LBS so I could fit the new 350's. (There is a story behind that also which I won't rant about here).
Updates in my PYR thread and new piccys.

geoff_tewierik

Likes Dirt
Started swapping the parts over from the GT Peace 9r to the Voodoo Dambala, wheels, disc brake alignment, broken plastic cane creek topcap before it even got tight - used the 9r's metal topcap, and a seat post that won't insert because it has a minor bend.

Off to hunt for a ~250mm x 27.2 seatpost online as I'm stuck at home with my daughter.

eastie

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Still am, 2 now :tsk:. Sick inlaws, off season horse track construction and the wife wanting a functioning bathroom :noidea: Have conspired against me. There are some pics of where up to on the Blur a few pages back. I just can't bring myself to sully these awesome valve stems I received though......
you santa cruz whore!

Minlak

custom titis
Complete strip and rebuild shortened bars by 15 mm a side and changed the shifter cable. Wouldn't you know it now I can't get the fucking rear gears tuned it should not be this hard. Good news nothing else is broken or on fire ;)

redline316

Likes Dirt
replaced the hans dampf on my rocky mountain element decided to have a run with the original tyres conti x-king [f] race king [r] well see how the go.

JoelFitz

Likes Dirt
Cut my pike air shaft down 10mm. So 150mm travel now on the pivot 5.7c.

Found it wandering too much on the climbs with 160mm.

Also put a bit of slickoleum on the shifter cable inner as was feeling pretty tight. Helped for now until it attracts all the dirt I guess.

Klips

Likes Dirt
Had my first crack at bleeding formulas. Don't know what the whinging is about, it was a piece of cake. Turns out my mate had a massive bubble in the lever, to the point we were drawing out so much air I though I hadn't tightened the screw in the caliper properly. Also replaced the pads, the last ones were almost to the plate.

Needless to say, he can now stop properly (for formulas).

Ky1e

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Took the snot monster for a ride up at Tamworth mtb Park today with a couple of mates from the area.. What a fucking awesome place they have up there! So many rocky technical areas it's not funny!

Love the roval carbon wheels so much! So stiff! Copped a flogging and did not complain once!!