What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
... replaced the rear derailleur on the hardtail, I thought the jockey wheel bearings were gone as there was some lateral movement, but the new one was like that too. Perhaps that's just what's to be expected from an Acera?
Most jockey wheels are designed to have a bit of lateral float; it helps tuning by allowing, to a point, the top pulley to find its alignment with the cassette sprockets. However the top pulley in particular should stay very close to vertical, even though it can slide sideways a bit. If it can tilt to a decent degree, the bushings are worn and new pulleys are needed. Many Shimano jockey wheels are interchangeable, so there is a good selection of replacement options if needed.

crash3

Likes Dirt
Most jockey wheels are designed to have a bit of lateral float; it helps tuning by allowing, to a point, the top pulley to find its alignment with the cassette sprockets. However the top pulley in particular should stay very close to vertical, even though it can slide sideways a bit. If it can tilt to a decent degree, the bushings are worn and new pulleys are needed. Many Shimano jockey wheels are interchangeable, so there is a good selection of replacement options if needed.
Cheers mate, much appreciated. I'll take another look, but it didn't look so much like lateral/sideways movement to me, more tilting. On both my used derailleur and the new one. It wasn't a whole lot though, and the bike shifts well (did so before I changed the derailleur too, just thought it was near failure).

I did look at new jockey wheels also, but couldn't find any that were Acera specific, plus the new derailleur was about $35 delivered. Now I know they're interchangable I probably would have changed them, but oh well.

crash3

Likes Dirt
Another ride Coondoo today before work. My average speed was 14.9 km/h, going to try to get that over 15 by new year. With things crazy at work, and miss 2's sleeping inconsistent I've not felt well rested for a while, and particularly pooped today. Reckon some rest over the chrissy break will get me there.

Oddjob

Merry fucking Xmas to you assholes
Practice day for GE Nationals at Greenvalleys MTB park. A bit out of my depth on a few tracks, and hotter/more humid than I’m used to…and getting far worse.
Will be well frogged or injured by Sunday.
View attachment 384079
Oh man. You are in for a hot and dusty weekend of hike a bike. I hope you packed your mud spikes and hydrolyte.

Sent from my M2012K11AG using Tapatalk

moorey

call me Mia
Yeah GV can get kinda gnarly.
If it makes you feel any better last race I did was at GV I binned it over the bars FIRST CORNER, bent the rear brake lever and tweaked my wrist.

@Oddjob can confirm, it was in front of a lot of people.
Yeah, there’s no b lines in the rock gardens and drops. I’m a little out of my depth.

moorey

call me Mia
Channel your inner Felix and send it!
Easy for me to say though.
“If I had a bike I’d be throwin down!!” Ahaha
Even Felix is a little daunted. Everyone he knows is either a regular here, or has been up all week practicing.
Only seen most tracks once (as you really should, like in EWS), but he’ll have a blast.

pink poodle

気が狂っている男
Cheers mate, much appreciated. I'll take another look, but it didn't look so much like lateral/sideways movement to me, more tilting. On both my used derailleur and the new one. It wasn't a whole lot though, and the bike shifts well (did so before I changed the derailleur too, just thought it was near failure).

I did look at new jockey wheels also, but couldn't find any that were Acera specific, plus the new derailleur was about $35 delivered. Now I know they're interchangable I probably would have changed them, but oh well.
You could have taken the opportunity to upgrade derailleur while you were at it...

Lucaw

Next in line
Did another evening shuttle run in St. Helens, rode send Helens again.
On one of the final spines of send Helens, I landed flat and heard a loud clang. Then the fork got really soft. When I looked down I noticed quite a bit of oil was welling out of the damper side seals and trickling down the lowers.
se
I’ll check it tomorrow and see how much more has leaked out and if I can ride it on Monday at derby or if I’ll have to take my hard tail from my brother. Now would be a great time to win the Lyrik on Pinkbike win it Wednesday.