What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

Cardy George

Piercing rural members since 1981
Raced today. @Rorschach I totally agree, Gloves were mandatory. The track is 40km away from home and there was thickish fog the whole way. It lifted to a light haze for the race though it wasn't any bloody warmer.

This Zwift thing might have some merit to it. Not so much for the increase in power just yet but even just a week on it has taught me what my power zones feel like. I had a much better race than just going out and smashing myself stupid.

mtb1611

Seymour
Great solo hit out at Kentlyn. Most of the local venues are out of action (some permanently) post flooding and whilst some of the fun stuff at Kentlyn ic cactus, the aptly named Rock Trail has survived well. It's a bloody hard ride though, no rest and hammers you from head to toe with some challenging climbs and drops; so whilst not exactly 'fun' there's a certain degree of satisfaction attached to clearing it. Had a bit of an off though, worst of all it was on a flat section......heart rate strap was annoying me so I attempted to adjust it on the go, bar clipped a tree....hence the claret! So good to get put though.

David2406

Blueeeeeeeey's on!
Great solo hit out at Kentlyn. Most of the local venues are out of action (some permanently) post flooding
I've heard Camden River won't be back, you've obviously heard the same. Really sux. I'm only just 5 minutes ride from it.

A mate and I have been checking out firetrails and some single track out at Tahmoor, Thirlmere Lakes and Buxton. Lots of motorbikes though.

Saw on Facebook that Appin is pretty bad too, still really wet and the motorbikes have destroyed parts of what's left

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Due to promises made on working in the garden, and expectations of fulfillment, combined with the fog not lifting till mid day, I thought I would miss out on a ride entirely. I had a social engagement in South Hobart so I rode my bike there. Up over Knocklofty to South Hobart and retraced the route on the way home.
I stopped to take this photo from the look out on Knocklofty.

Any day on the bike is a good day.

mtb1611

Seymour
I've heard Camden River won't be back, you've obviously heard the same. Really sux. I'm only just 5 minutes ride from it.

A mate and I have been checking out firetrails and some single track out at Tahmoor, Thirlmere Lakes and Buxton. Lots of motorbikes though.

Saw on Facebook that Appin is pretty bad too, still really wet and the motorbikes have destroyed parts of what's left
We must be neighbours, I was only 15 min ride from Camden River trail too. It's definitely gone, one of the builders showed me a bunch of pics a while back. Not only is the trail pretty much completely destroyed, but the land on which much of it sat is now gone, with the Nepean being considerably wider at some points than it previously was. Shame, it was such a great ride.

From the pics I've seen of Appin it's a long way off being back to its former glory too. I haven't ridden in Tahmoor/Thirlmere since the days of the Razorback Rangers MTB Club in the 90's!

mas2

Likes Bikes and Dirt
After so much rain finally got a decent ride in Saturday.

I did notice that my obsolete zebs felt like trash and wished they had 20% more initial bump absorption with clearly marked dials for knobs that do something I dont understand and filled with a proprietary oil that is slipplieriar. However I plan to use a drill to retrofit some bleed ports with the idea that the holes stay open so that they are permanently equlaised. It's about incremental innovation.

I seen a few reviews of the new zeb and the main improvement is that it is quiet. Suspension has peaked people.

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Also, wife needed a lie down while the youngest was asleep so me and the oldest put the Shotgun on, went for a bunt to the park, had a coffee (babycino for him), and then a ride around the local lake. Should have put some air in my tyres as 5km on pavement at trail pressures is pretty wearing, but we both had a great time!

beeb

Dr. Beebenson, PhD HA, ST, Offset (hons)
Also, wife needed a lie down while the youngest was asleep so me and the oldest put the Shotgun on, went for a bunt to the park, had a coffee (babycino for him), and then a ride around the local lake. Should have put some air in my tyres as 5km on pavement at trail pressures is pretty wearing, but we both had a great time!
No need for Zwift if you ride MTB tyres at trail pressures on the bikepath! :p