What did you do TO / WITH / FOR your bike today!

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
Got a procedure coming up that will take me out for about 6 weeks.

Been riding the gravel bike or easy MTB rides to lessen the chance of carrying a bike injury to hospital when I have other stuff going on.

Mild day here... and the first time I ever remember the TDU have mid 20°C days to race in rather than mid/high 30's.

This bloke ran down the trail in front of me for about 20 seconds before climbing the smallest tree in the National Park. Might even be a female as the males around here usually have a lot of scars on their nose.

20230118_162538.jpg

mike14

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Had some time yesterday so decided to check out Somewhere Good.
I've clearly lost the ability to read/assimilate information as it was 40 mins further out than I thought (not including Monash stupidity) and I had the weather as "clearing showers" not "wet, misty and cold all day"...

It was too wet to really enjoy it, especially all the log features which were treacherously slippery, but still fun and I'll certainly be heading back on a nicer day.
Probably need to actually plan the ride a bit more too as I got slightly lost with limited mobile coverage so had to fire road part of the way back (was uphill so I at least get climbing credits).

Both of my mtb trips so far in 2023 have a been a wet mess, maybe I need to stick to the road kms...:(

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Went out for a mate today to retrace out ill fated trip of 2 weeks ago. So over to Pottery Road from Lenah Valley to the Slides, down the Slides and up Jurassic Shark. Onto Tip Top only to come upon a slow mover.
20230119_111153 (FILEminimizer).jpg

Finally vacated the trail so we could keep going. Crossed the road to Nationals and made our way to Hobos. This time took the correct fork, rode down to the creek and up to Golden Gully Fire Road and retraced our track back to Lenah Valley. A fair bit of climbing followed by fun descents. We were out for over 3 hours but the clock showed only just under 2 hours of riding. Must have had some serious breaks to discuss the meaning of life, I guess.
20230119_145918 (FILEminimizer).jpg

ozzybmx

taking a shit with my boobs out
We were out for over 3 hours but the clock showed only just under 2 hours of riding. Must have had some serious breaks to discuss the meaning of life, I guess.
Good ride !

Turn off the auto-pause function and it will record the whole time. Some people care about average speed... some dont.

I have a mate who's Garmin beeped every 5km to tell him he had done... 5km, it also beeped to tell him he had stopped and beeped to tell him when he had started again.

Some times he was moving so slowly on a techy climb, it beeped to say he was stationary :p

It was a shit sound.

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
Good ride !

Turn off the auto-pause function and it will record the whole time. Some people care about average speed... some dont.

I have a mate who's Garmin beeped every 5km to tell him he had done... 5km, it also beeped to tell him he had stopped and beeped to tell him when he had started again.

Some times he was moving so slowly on a techy climb, it beeped to say he was stationary :p

It was a shit sound.
I hear ya' Brother. Fuck those beeps. No sound on mine. I like to know how long I am actually riding. Garmin tells me the whole time from go to whoa. (and a whole not of unnecessary shit designed by Dave in Marketing). Like WTF is Flow and Grit?

The Duckmeister

Has a juicy midrange
Only times my Bryton beeps are when I start it recording and when it wants a feed.

As for a "what did I do", ordered bar, stem & grips for Project Phoenix, so might see them by Christmas... :rolleyes: Wanted to include matching seatpost to save postals, but not in stock where the other bits were..... :rolleyes:

shiny

Go-go-gadget-wrist-thingy
My ELEMNT Bolt continually beeps when I’m pushing my bike up a hill and it (correctly) assumes I’ve stopped for a(nother) breather
Biggest peeve of my BOLT on a Garmin you can set at what speed auto pause kicks in including never no option to do so on a Wahoo. So when crawling up a steep hill it ramdomly beeps (pause). Yes, yes I know I’m slow now shuddup.:p

birddog69

Likes Bikes and Dirt
I've got both an alloy and carbon Trance 29er (both 2020 models) and other than the weight savings the ride/feel is very similar between them. The carbon is probably not worth the $4.5k. The Carbonda FM1001 is a Horst-link frame. With the right rear shock I'm sure it'll be a good performer but the Maestro setup is an excellent performer.

I almost feel dirty recommending a Fox shock, but I think the biggest upgrade you could do to your Trance 29er would be to get hold of a DPX2 (ideally the one tuned for the Giant/Trance). I have a RS Deluxe Ultimate and Fox DPS as spare shocks for the Trance and with some revalving the Deluxe is pretty good but still not as good as the stock DPX2. It is the first shock I have had that has not been modified within the first month of ownership.
Have you heard of, or are you aware of anyone removing the spacer in the DPX2 to increace the stroke therefor going from 115mm to 120mm travel?

Rorschach

Didnt pay $250 for this custom title
Biggest peeve of my BOLT on a Garmin you can set at what speed auto pause kicks in including never no option to do so on a Wahoo. So when crawling up a steep hill it ramdomly beeps (pause). Yes, yes I know I’m slow now shuddup.:p
Mine loses me in the trees too. Normally if it stops I’m stopped too

Haakon

has an accommodating arse
Have you heard of, or are you aware of anyone removing the spacer in the DPX2 to increace the stroke therefor going from 115mm to 120mm travel?
Not sure you'd notice it on a Trance, they ramp up nicely at the end and ive rarely bottomed it out. Although my DPX2 is sadly overdue for a service...